• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas QOL Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What’s the old saying “twice the fun for half the pay” I agree, Netjets is the better job for long term employment; however, if the goal is to eventually move on to FDX, UPS, Emirates ect. you can’t beat getting a Command 400 type. I guess it all depends on what kind of flying you’re in to.

Done both and Atlas was a lot more fun for the single guy (me). I do miss the 400 and the beer tour.

Netjets is a bit stuffy, but it is the better job.

I think you need to decide if you can handle the Atlas schedule - it might be difficult with a family. If you are single and you want to see the world and fly a really big airplane, Atlas would be a great gig. Not sure how long before that type of flying would get old and tiresome. Some military drivers might be used to that schedule but I think it could be exhausting. My body can't handle that level of jetlag week in and week out - maybe just a few trips per month for me. I'd be interested to hear how Atlas drivers deal with the jetlag and how they enjoy that type of around-the-world flying...

Netjets offers a great alternative but the flying is very different. You probably won't see the world unless you get a seat in a Gulfstream (FO seat possible after a few years) and you will do a lot more trips per tour.

Latest resources

Back