• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks, Cliff. I suspected as much although it was odd about the lack of info out there. Didn't send any paper that way just for that reason. The good news is that Atlas called yesterday and I'm off to Miami for the interview next Thursday. My understanding from speaking with them is that they are interviewing for a -400 class in either September or October. See you there?

Jim

September or October may be a little optimistic for those interviewing now. I know someone who interviewed in January and is waiting on a July class. With that being said, the new -400 sim is supposed to be in around October. This could speed up things a little. Good luck to everyone.

If you are out of work,then Evergreen is not that bad.health care sucks,65 hr/16 days, base pay for extra work 4hr per day min/ 95% AMC, flights into war zones.Can be gone for 32 days at a time.Back to Back resv.NO home base just JFK.And the list goes on.

September or October may be a little optimistic for those interviewing now. I know someone who interviewed in January and is waiting on a July class. With that being said, the new -400 sim is supposed to be in around October. This could speed up things a little. Good luck to everyone.

Not sure how this will help with hiring. The "plan" is to shut down the original -400 sim once the new one is up and running t0 convert to the -8 and update.

If you are out of work,then Evergreen is not that bad.health care sucks,65 hr/16 days, base pay for extra work 4hr per day min/ 95% AMC, flights into war zones.Can be gone for 32 days at a time.Back to Back resv.NO home base just JFK.And the list goes on.

Not to recommend EZ to anyone but some of the better points not mentioned:

No home basing, but you do get a free hotel (Five Towns, which sucks, but free anyway in JFK)

Per Diem while sitting in base in a paid hotel

Business or better travel

A few great hotels overseas

But it is true what others are saying, EZ is best a stepping stone other than a final destination. I was there just over a year and although I had a great time, I am glad to have escaped. From the guys I still talk to over at EZ there is more and more flying into Afghanastan (with no override pay for doing so) and other garden destinations in the middle east. As an F/O on the classic you only get the SIC type, if you go to the LCF (-400) you will get the full type. For a single guy looking for some adventure it would be a great job, if I didnt have a family, mortgage, and other things tying me to home I might have stayed. All this said, a great group of guys to work with over there, its just the upper management that leaves lots to be desired (seems thats the case anywhere these days)

Thanks much for the info, guys. I thought that all might be the case but it's good to hear some first hand intel.

Jim

Latest resources

Back