Atlas-Polar Fleet Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

Can someone give me an update on the status of Atlas/Polar fleets? I know that Altas will be adding the big new 747-400 (747-8?). I thought I read that Polar would be dumping its 747 Classic fleet and that Atlas might be doing the same in the near term - not sure if that info is correct. Is there a planned phase out of the Classics for both?

Lastly, how many furloughees remain on the street and what is the callback schedule (per month)?

There is an order for more 400's, or maybe the 800.

Polar is currently not operating any classics. Mgmt. parked them all and fired or furloughed the crews.

Atlas classics are slated for the chopping block.

Atlas is currently flying a bunch of Polars routes.

Mgmt. lost the grievances on the improper firings (PFE's) and furloughs (Pilots)

Currently all PFE's are back on property with full back pay, being paid with no airplanes to fly.

Ruling for pilots is due in early January. Everyone expects the same type deal for them as the PFE's.

DHL bought 49% of Polar a few months back.

12 pilots called back due in training in January, but as stated above it is expected that the arbiter will rule that all come back and made whole. About 50 or so still out right now.

Merger combined sen list is complete, don't know if you will ever see that happen, both sides have no fondness of the other and both hate mgmt. Too much bad stuff that has happened over the last 5 years or so, mgmt. loves to play both sides against each other. In the end I think all groups including mgmt. will lose unless a massive corporate culture change happens.

My opinion of what we will see this year? Probably Atlas furloughs due to mgmt.s mess they created with the improper furloughs and flying transfer and the wholesale use of Polars contract as toilet paper. Possibly a sale of Polar or Atlas or maybe both. More fighting among the troops to mgmt's delight.

Mgmt. business plan.....use above tactics, rinse and repeat........

There is an order for more 400's, or maybe the 800.

Polar is currently not operating any classics. Mgmt. parked them all and fired or furloughed the crews.

Atlas classics are slated for the chopping block.

Atlas is currently flying a bunch of Polars routes.

Mgmt. lost the grievances on the improper firings (PFE's) and furloughs (Pilots)

Currently all PFE's are back on property with full back pay, being paid with no airplanes to fly.

Ruling for pilots is due in early January. Everyone expects the same type deal for them as the PFE's.

DHL bought 49% of Polar a few months back.

12 pilots called back due in training in January, but as stated above it is expected that the arbiter will rule that all come back and made whole. About 50 or so still out right now.

Merger combined sen list is complete, don't know if you will ever see that happen, both sides have no fondness of the other and both hate mgmt. Too much bad stuff that has happened over the last 5 years or so, mgmt. loves to play both sides against each other. In the end I think all groups including mgmt. will lose unless a massive corporate culture change happens.

My opinion of what we will see this year? Probably Atlas furloughs due to mgmt.s mess they created with the improper furloughs and flying transfer and the wholesale use of Polars contract as toilet paper. Possibly a sale of Polar or Atlas or maybe both. More fighting among the troops to mgmt's delight.

Mgmt. business plan.....use above tactics, rinse and repeat........

This is almost as bad as when your mom made you take that awful medicine when you were a kid, but I have to do it......

Here goes......"I have to agree with KS". Ohh yuck, that was bad....but the awful taste will go away soon. I'll go eat some mud.

Merry Christmas to all the Polaroids and Atlas folks that follow this board. God only knows what we'll be talking about this time next year.

This is almost as bad as when your mom made you take that awful medicine when you were a kid, but I have to do it......

Here goes......"I have to agree with KS". Ohh yuck, that was bad....but the awful taste will go away soon. I'll go eat some mud.

Merry Christmas to all the Polaroids and Atlas folks that follow this board. God only knows what we'll be talking about this time next year.

Careful now, If mgmt. gets wind that the two groups agree on something they will activate their newest Labor civil unrest and morale killing doomsday device!:D

In all the places I have flown for I have never seen a mgmt. team that goes so out of it's way to screw with labor and cause unrest between fellow pilot groups. Polar/Atlas had the potential to be a great carrier that could have been a major player the heavy lift industry, as it stands mgmt. has created a second rate disfunctional mess.

Merry Christmas to all the Atlas/Polar peeps out there.........ouch now I am doing it!!! Must be something akin to the Christmas cease fire of 1914!!!!:beer:

Careful now, If mgmt. gets wind that the two groups agree on something they will activate their newest Labor civil unrest and morale killing doomsday device!:D

In all the places I have flown for I have never seen a mgmt. team that goes so out of it's way to screw with labor and cause unrest between fellow pilot groups. Polar/Atlas had the potential to be a great carrier that could have been a major player the heavy lift industry, as it stands mgmt. has created a second rate disfunctional mess.

Merry Christmas to all the Atlas/Polar peeps out there.........ouch now I am doing it!!! Must be something akin to the Christmas cease fire of 1914!!!!:beer:

I could not agree more! Bizarro world or what???????

I know there is no hiring going on right now but I was wondering if Atlas/Polar has a phone number that is a pilot hiring hotline. If they do could you please post it.

I think we might see more cooperation between Atlas and Polar pilots in the coming year. A lot more.

Management has a big surprise waiting for them under the Christmas tree. ;)

Ditto and I hope the cease fire lasts.

Cfire

I know there is no hiring going on right now but I was wondering if Atlas/Polar has a phone number that is a pilot hiring hotline. If they do could you please post it.

Apply through either website with updates posted there. No employment hotline nor plans to hire anytime in 2007.

Merry Christmas to "US" all. And may the new year bring prosperity for both groups. God knows weave all been through enough....

Latest resources

Back