ATLAS/POLAR Air

godspeed8

Total Time
<10000
Looking at sending these guys a resume. Any info on what the job is like? Mostly interested in schedule, pay, base, etc. Thanks!

lookin4better

Total Time
Glory
There is a lot of stuff on here that was previously posted.

I too would be interested in ORD base at Polar, however, I only have 5000 hours and I would guess that the stack of resumes at Polar / Atlas is quite high right now. It never hurts to try though....I did.

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi!

In Jun, they said all new hires would be Atlas in STN from now on.

Rumours were interviewing in Sep, with new hire classes in Jan. Now rumours are new hire classes not 'til next Spring.

cliff
YIP

Whale Rider

Unity is Our Strength
Total Time
;).......................................................................

Classicdriver

Total Time
5000+
Hi!

In Jun, they said all new hires would be Atlas in STN from now on.

Rumours were interviewing in Sep, with new hire classes in Jan. Now rumours are new hire classes not 'til next Spring.

cliff
YIP

Just heard from MIA, another -400 class at the end of the year, hired from the pool.

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi!

Any sign of an interview group soon???

cliff
YIP

b737jock

747 Trash Hauler
Total Time
I was called for the -400 class starts Dec 1.

cfire

Total Time
13K+
Just announced today that the only Polar base beginning Nov. 1st will be ANC. Polar does not have gateway so you have to commute on your own. Their remaining -200 us going away in late Oct. FE's will be going on furlough.

While I don't think Polar will be hiring anymore, I just thought you might want to know in case they give you a Polar billet from the pool.

Last edited:

big pimpn'

Total Time
11000+
I guess we are all getting the long dick of Polar broken off in our a$$. This ANC ******************** f%cking sucks....

fencitup

Total Time
5000+
Anyone know when last they had interviews? I know they are taking from the pool, just trying to guage how deep that pool may be.

Talon757

Montana Native
Total Time
I interviewed on the 12th of June but I'm not certain if any more were done after that.

TEN HUT

Total Time
I interviewed on the 12th of June but I'm not certain if any more were done after that.

Talon-

I'm glad you landed the job, being unemployed sucks. I interviewed on APR 3. HR had told us to expect a class date between OCT-DEC, but then they sent me an email about 3 weeks ago and said that it would be after the first of the year. Good luck, maybe we'll be in class together...

TEN HUT

vtwo

Total Time
+11K
Talon, at least that gets you through hunting season with out those pesky calls from scheduling.

Talon757

Montana Native
Total Time
TEN HUT -- See you there! Maybe we can find a good ceviche place. The one I used to frequent when ATA had their L-1011 sims in MIA has turned into an expensive Thai outfit.

VTWO -- very true! That is one huge upside to this whole thing.

Last edited:

cfire

Total Time
13K+
Just noticed that the NMB came out with a single carrier determination over on the http://atlasforteamsters.com site. Atlas and Polar will both have to vote together on who will be representing them union wise

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi!

Last interviews were in Jun.

cliff
YIP