Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas pilots: Question about jumpseating to work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerjet

I am a corporate plane driver and was just curious about the possibility of commuting to London. i am curious about the prospect in case i get picked up with atlas. will i be able to commute on say virgin or BA as well as domestic air carriers? I am not looking for info on how miserable it will be for me to commute from LA to London, i am just looking on the possibilities i will be able to explore. i am not hired yet, but am looking forward to the future and the chance of working with atlas.

You can jumpseat on domestic carriers but there must be a seat available in the cokpit and one in back. There is no riding up front even with the CASS system, it is domestic only. Jumpseating is not allowed on any non-US carrier that I'm aware of.

It's a challengeing commute and one that is not conducive to being home with your family. Weigh your options and make sure you can live with your decision.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, one other option i was entertaining was living in spain. i guess i better get the job first, but i am trying to be prepared with a few alternatives. i guess initially, i'll have to commute until a more desireable solution is available. but i digress, i first need to be hired. thanks again.

Atlas has 5 flights a week from Hsv-Pik and getting to Hsv is easy. Usually you get 17 days in a row to be out so you only have to commute once. The sooner you get on, the sooner you'll be able to hold a domestic base.

Latest resources

Back