Atlas J/S Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TDK90

Thinking about requesting a JS from STN to HSV at the end of the month, I've filled out the online request and am in contact with the JS Coord at Atlas Ops.

My questions are, once you list is there a chance of getting bumped? How many can you take?

At STN, can you drive up to the Cargo ramp?

There's a stop in LUX, is that going to be a long stop or relatively quick?

Thanks in advance

Thinking about requesting a JS from STN to HSV at the end of the month, I've filled out the online request and am in contact with the JS Coord at Atlas Ops.

My questions are, once you list is there a chance of getting bumped? How many can you take?

Thanks in advance

Yes you can get bumped but the chances are quite slim.

Total of 8 allowed except for N429MC that carries 12

Need to load a couple of foot lockers?

Free ride and you are worried about the en route stop?

Would you like the lobster or the fillet mignon?

YHGTBFSM!

Thanks in advance

Flights I see are scheduled on the ground between 60 and 90 minutes but give yourself plenty of time just in case.

Yes you can get bumped but the chances are quite slim.

Total of 8 allowed except for N429MC that carries 12

Need to load a couple of foot lockers?

Free ride and you are worried about the en route stop?

Would you like the lobster or the fillet mignon?

YHGTBFSM!
T

Thanks for the reply, just trying to get some info, carried plenty of Atlas and Polar guys over the years in our js..the en-route stop would be a problem if it's 6 hrs or something...but thanks

Unless it's a quick turn (no on loading or offloading freight) the stops for a 747 are a minimum of 3-4 hours. If it's just taking on gas we (at Kalitta Air) have turned in as little as 45 minutes.

Unless it's a quick turn (no on loading or offloading freight) the stops for a 747 are a minimum of 3-4 hours. If it's just taking on gas we (at Kalitta Air) have turned in as little as 45 minutes.

Just looked at the LUX schedule so I would not misquote, 2 hours seems to be the norm for the turn. And that is a full off load and on load as well, 100+ tons. And we normally do 2 hour turns on most A/C except the military flights. Don't know why you guys take a "minimum" of 3 -4 but what can I tell you. In the 12 years I have been flying at Atlas this seems to have been the norm.

K.S.

Dang you guys are fast! Maybe we need to get some better handlers or bribe the fuelers or something...

Latest resources

Back