• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

atlas interview process?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also are you gone for 3 months in training with no chance to go home and see your family? Or do they give you some weekends off to go home?

Weekend?? Whats that!! :)

Last edited:
Also are you gone for 3 months in training with no chance to go home and see your family? Or do they give you some weekends off to go home?

You will be in MIA for 9 weeks. There are some breaks, maybe two or three days off, so it depends on how close you live to MIA. You will most likely have some time off between MIA and IOE on the line, anywhere from a week to three or four weeks, depending on how backed up the training is.

I got a 56 on that test. Wow...that thing was tough. I studied the ATP written for an evening and that did absolutely no good. Haven't heard a peep and certainly don't plan on a call with a bomb score like that. Best of luck to you guys. It would have been fun flying the 74 again.

To think a master level score is a 65%!!!! Ouch. If SDSU would've had a grading curve like that when I was there, I would have been an A student;)

Tec

For the Tec Assessment here are few questions as I can remember them.
1. Rwy centerline lights last three thousand remaining? ( color)
2. Symbole for moderate icing
3. Symbole for sever squal line
4. On ILS31 JFK max hold speed in the hold
5. Final approach fix on the ILS31 JFK?
6. Final approach fix on the ILS31 G/S INOP JFK?
7. CAT1 approach on short final WX 1600RVR in all zones. Regarding Approch Ban? to continue or go around?
8. FL310, speed 540kts, desending to 16,000ft. How much time?
9. Metar winds reports are true or megnatic?
10. Metar winds if light and variable defination?
12. TAF from what time to what time winds will be XYZ station?
13. TAF from what time to what time it will be MIFG?
14. Balance field lenths? for wet rwy? how much correction can you take to reduce your V1?
14. when you are desending to altitude, you set what? QNE? QNF? QNH?
15. When you are climbing to FL ,you set what? QNH? QNE? QNF?
16. Question about current barramatric pressure calculation on a given day?
17. How to find ISA Temp at given altitude.( FL310 temp-40c)
18. symbole "V" means what? verga? Fog? volcanic ash? etc
19. what is secreen height? on given rwy?
20. Two engine climb gradient?
21. Given wind speed and direction on approach, want to know if can expact different rwy with wind limit of 10kts tail wind? can you accept?
22. JFK chart (10-9) airport diagram want to know about enroute clearnce? (which statement is true) basicaly you need route clearnce before you request for taxi.
23. TAF wind direction is true or megnatic?
24. Jet engine bleed air valves are used for what? pick a statment.
25. On JFK approach chart for ILS31 and asked you are in hold and you lost your radio, when will you depart hold? (two answers are similar) pick the one which says depart hold close to the EFC.
26. On JFK approach chart ask when will you start the approach if given this clearnce etc?

I can't remember the rest but its NOT BAD as this board said it was. Good Luck guys.

EXCUSE ANY SPELLING ERRORS:) I have not slept for 22 hours;) gift of long haul flying....

Last edited:
Tec

Just remembered couple more questions.

27. RVSM airspace seperation and flight levels?
28. LRC if you have 50kts head wind what will you do? in order to meet the profile?
29. SLOP what is the deviation on each side and who has the authority?
30. If RVR is in effect what is controling? Do you need deck cealing or just vis?
31. Out of zurich read some TAF forcast vis? ( make sure you pick the one in knots not km)? JAR ops
32. Again another zurich TAF to find out what will be the weather in certain time window....e.i Becoming, Tempo, etc
33. Ops Spec can you ammend your approach mins?

Sorry now I am drawing blank again. Hope this helps. And best of wishes. Atlas is a great company. I am really impressed. Good Luck.

That sounds like a pretty tough exam, but considering the kind of flying Atlas does, the places they go, etc., maybe not entirely out of line. Especially if they have thousands of guys to weed through, and only a handful of positions on offer.

Folks can argue all day long about where the best jobs are, but when it comes to people, the guys who fly International, ACMI ops are as good as anybody out there. They are, because they have to be.

Latest resources

Back