Atlas info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks cfire,
I think that my friend at World was confusing different parts of your contract. It seems that he thought that at Atlas they could give you some of your min days off on the road - I think that from what you are saying (and how I read the scheduling section) they are able to assign you extra days flying at the end of the trip, thus reducing min days off by up to 4 in a month. I could see where a 21 day trip and 9 or 10 days off would get to be difficult!

Do you have a lot of guys who have moved to the EU?

I think we have less than a dozen that moved to the EU. Maybe the TA will pass and help the guys having to commute out of their own pockets?

Those extended days off (used X days) are paid with a pay multiplier to your daily rate that graduates upward depending on the number of days they grab you for. So you are getting premium pay and not just strait pay. Under section 3 of the contract and sub paragraph H.

BTW the current and the STN TA on gateway. You are patterned to work 17 days per contract. Gateway travel (beginning deadhead to the trip or base and end of trip back to base or home) is not part of that 17 days. Sometimes it works to your favor and sometimes it doesn't.

Just like if you were commuting to work here in the US. The time you spend getting home to base and base to home is your problem at most US airlines. At Atlas, if you have gateway privileges, they buy you a ticket and hotel instead of you having to jumpseat and spend your own dime for a hotel to your base and back home. There is a 24 hour requirement for them to get you back in the current contract and 36 for the STN TA.

Last edited:
More Company News

Atlas Air Worldwide unit gets regulatory approvals on DHL deal
Thu May 10, 2007 9:08 AM ET

May 10 (Reuters) - Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. <AAWW.O> said U.S. regulators approved its unit's agreement with DHL Express, in which DHL acquired an equity stake.

The deal also covers intra-company transfer of airline certificates and route authorities to Polar from another Atlas Air subsidiary.

Latest resources

Back