• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas Feb 11th class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm very interested in flying for Atlas should the easties be sucessful in "burning this place to the ground and handing the ashes over to the west" (Their words,not mine). Can you explain to me what you mean by "gateway issue" .Does the company provide positive space travel to STN and put you up in a hotel while you are there or are you responsible for that. Thanks.

PHXFLYR:cool:

STN Gateway:
In order to qualify for gateway for STN is to bid for 17 days of duty in a row and waive a contractual 2 days off in between trips.
In exchange the company will purchase an economy class ticket from your gateway city to & from a city in Europe or as far east as Turkey. Anything beyond that is Business class.
If the trip begins with reserve then you can choose to sit in AMS, FRA or another city if a trip was to start later after the reserve time was completed. It is common to have reserve days assigned prior to scheduled trips. The company covers all transportation and hotel expenses.
If it is available DH to and from Europe, company aircraft will be used in lieu of commercial for obvious reasons.
Good Luck!

I know this almost impossible to answer, but what does hiring look like over the next year? JFK seems pretty senior acccording to a post in this thread, is that an accurate assumption? Do most guys getting hired have internal recs? Is there any kind of training contract/agreement?

Last edited:
I know this almost impossible to answer, but what does hiring look like over the next year? JFK seems pretty senior acccording to a post in this thread, is that an accurate assumption? Do most guys getting hired have internal recs? Is there any kind of training contract/agreement?

Atlas has a "go" buy -400's mission from the BOD. Now, if we find and buy some, looks good for hiring. The base seniority depends on where the growth ends up. Direct hires into LAX was unheard of a year ago. No internals recs required, but helps. Don't know if the curent new hires had any or not. No training contracts/bonds/agreements.

Nobody failed bidding 101, the contract clearly states that once assigned to an aircraft type, you are locked on type for 1 year, before you can jump to the other fleet. Most of the guys chose to stay at STN because of the gateway issue and pretty good flying, the others would have gone to the 400, but are locked on the classic!

Can you give us examples of what you consider "pretty good flying"? Are we talking exotic destinations or great layovers? How does this STN flying differ from flying at other bases (in a positive way)? What are some of the better/worse layovers out of STN?

Also, does the Classic offer different flying than the 400 out of STN? I presume the 400 flies longer legs...

What are the schedules typically like out of stansted? Are most of the guys over there commuters, or have some picked up and moved to europe? thanks

Just a question as far as hiring at Atlas goes. What is Atlas looking for time and experience wise? Have sent a few resumes over the past year or so with no response..8500tt 3000pic 757/767 typed with international experience etc...Does it usually take awhile to get called? Thanks in advance...NAA

Just a question as far as hiring at Atlas goes. What is Atlas looking for time and experience wise? Have sent a few resumes over the past year or so with no response..8500tt 3000pic 757/767 typed with international experience etc...Does it usually take awhile to get called? Thanks in advance...NAA

Yes it does take a while to get called back. I had been trying for one year, and then they finally called. Other guys waited a few days and got the call. Go figure????
Keep trying and good luck.

Yes it does take a while to get called back. I had been trying for one year, and then they finally called. Other guys waited a few days and got the call. Go figure????
Keep trying and good luck.

Did you get hired by Atlas? What types are they most frequently hiring onto nowadays - the 200 or the 400?

Latest resources

Back