Atlas Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ChinaClipper

Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone has the skinny on Atlas. I saw they just took another 747-400F and recalled 29 FE's. Rumour has it that they are looking for a twin (A300/767F) as well but were slowed down by the contract issues. Any word on hiring, future plans or just plain rumours? If not, can ya start a good one? Gracias!

I'll find out in couple days. My roomate just finished IOE in the 400 a week ago. He's a Polar guy {atlas ownes polar, if you didn't know} been there 2 years and a 747-400 captain. I still can't believe it.Either can he. He said something big is happening just not sure what. They are hiring now. You do not need heavy time like the mins say.

Its who you know not what you know

good luck

I think they still have a number of 747-200 co- pilots on furlough. I have a friend who is one of them and he has not heard about a recall yet. He also says that what goes on at Polar has zero to do with what goes on at Atlas. Totally separate airlines. And none of the furloughed Atlas guys were offered a position with Polar.

You are correct about that--- zero!!
This is a big issue.

Why should they have a say in anything.

WHO BOUGHT WHO

sorry-- I listen to this all the time

I believe that some Atlas crewmembers were offered seats at Polar. And I've heard that they were not required to resign their Atlas number.

The facts of the situation are this. Atlas bought Polar. Polar is operated as a seperate brand name. No merger of seniority lists, no merger of operations, and no merger of certificates. Atlas is 121 Supp, Polar is 121 Flag. Atlas as you know is an ACMI company. Polar flys ACMI but is predominately a scheduled freight carrier with their own route authority and landing rights. Those authorities and rights may not be transferred to another carrier without the permission of the country granting those rights. It is likely that Atlas will continue to operate Polar seperately for that reason.

The companies have combined some maintainance and ground handling for efficiency.

Fitzy is your roomate BL?

London Ops

I heard from an Atlas dude that furloughed Altas piots could bypass the line by signing up for the new London base. Same with out of seniority Captain upgrades. Is this true?

Miami Freight,

If they are separate companies, then why did I see a Polar crew flying an Atlas 200 in ANC last week. It was an MC registered, all white 200, parked in Polars parking area and operated by a Polar crew?

Sure it wasn't a 300? We have two dry leased 300's with one more coming. We don't have any Atlas 200's on our opspecs. What was the N number?

I have no explanation for that. Polar has no MC 200's in their OPSPECs. Polar shares that parking area with Atlas now. How do you know it was a Polar Crew. That station services both airlines. It is one of the "synergies" of Atlas buying Polar.

Latest resources

Back