• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"not putting down any other airline but there is a old saying why is Atlas going there? answer- BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL and it shows in the dispatch department they know their stuff......."
That is pretty bold considering Kalitta, Southern ,World and Evergreen have been going places no one else will go for a long time. In some cases before Atlas was even flying.Several years ago I had a chat with a Atlas L/M who was telling me he was going on a trip to South America. To a place a 747 has never been. When he told me where has was going I said you are about 10 years too late. We were there with a 747 in 1991.. Atlas is a great place and they will probaly outlast all of us bottom feeders. But they were not the first one to do this ACMI/charter 747 flying. They have just taken over the market.

Curious about the pay considering the location. Is it much of a livable wage?

Shhhh....don't ask about the "P-word" in this forum. I don't think you will get an answer. None of us ever do even though there are those "in the know". They ain't talking.

It is a secret, no numbers allowed. Not understandable but certainly the unwritten rule. Many times asked in this and other threads ofthis forum but never revealed.

I have seen these terms:

Pays well
Good pay
Decent pay
Pays OK
Acceptable pay
Living wage

and other vague ranges. Hardly any specific numbers.

I think deep down, we are embarrassed to expose we make for the job we perform.

If one knows the numbers please share them with our professional brothers and sisters (PM them if you are shy) so we do not waste our time applying to the low-ballers paying $14-18/hr.

Word gets around and the resume input dries up at these release mills they may have to rethink their total compensation package to attract qualified candidates again. Good for us. Let's air things out!

Maybe a sticky at the top of this forum in the spirit of the departed WDFF would work. I will start first.

We are a relatively small group and our professional services are legally required for each flight. We are responsible for not only the safety but the economics of each sector. We save most airlines much more than we are paid. We have some power there.

Last edited:
I'd be more than happy to tell, but in my shop we are a small group, and inevitably it could/would get back to management. While I dont know if its company confidential, I wouldnt want to cause any rifts between my shop and the dispatch floor (since I am not a line dispatcher where I am). Not embarassed at all, just dont want to cause any issues.

Lets just say that for the purple box movers, the line pay is probably very generous (and for my little standards gig I'd say VERY generous - my wife no longer works full time - doesnt have to, and when we move to MEM - she may not work at all, and just be a full time mom. She was the primary income, as we all know that ScumBagAirlines dont pay for S$$T). The benefits are the best I've ever worked for, the relocation policy is very generous, and overall, I dont think I could be happier. That being said, the only fly in the ointment is that the dispatchers here at PurpleBox Inc are not CASS. I do not know what a line dispatcher starts out on the floor, because for the most part they are internals, and therefore may have gobs of company seniority skewing the figures.

I can say that there are 2 flavors of dispatcher here at PurpleBox; domestic and international. If hired into international, you will not get a domestic checkout, and vice versa. The domestic and international shops are two different animals altogether. Same flight planning system (Company frontend to Jepp). LIDO charts, and rumors abound of a LIDO FPS down the road.

No place is perfect, and MEM is, well, MEM. Some parts are really nice, others not so much.

Yes, CASS is discussed at all parts of the 3rd and 4th floor of Module F at FX CTC, and thats all I am going to say about that. I have jumpsat on company metal as a newbie (limited for your first year, but still possible outside your required ride); the jumpseat terminal over in AirOps off of Democrat Road isnt too bad, and we take care of OAL jumpseaters well - cant wait until we let OAL dispatchers on us.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back