Atlas Air lifestyle, pay...etc..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

corky

I've been able to find bits and pieces of info regarding Atlas life style, pay etc... but much of it is dated, pre-new contract...so if anyone who has recently been hired can share there experiences, advice, opinions it would be much appreciated.

First question: Money...what did you make your second year?
2) If you're in your first year on the 747 post training, what do you bring home each month?
3) Do you have any travel benefits for your family? ID 90, ZED etc?
4) I see Polar 747's on the ramp in Narita, do you have Japan based pilots? Do you overnight in Narita?
5) how many days a month are you at home?
6) Are you happy at Atlas? Do you think you'll stay or is this just an experience builder?
7) What kind of rest do you get between sectors? Are you typically a walking zombie or do you get proper rest?

Again, I'm sure some of these questions have been answered but just looking for the most up to date info.
Thanks in advance!

1) $48K- largely unemployment benefits (furloughed 8 months) I guess i'm not so recent....;)

2) See APC calculator.....varies VASTLY....some people fly 40 hrs and get guarantee, others get 90 pays hours, no rhyme or reason, not under your control.

3) Supposedly, never tried, have heard youd don't want to hassle with it.

4) NO, but one pilot lives there in Narita anyway....overnights at a crew hotel in Narita

5) No. of days in month minus 17, unless you get home a day early for geographical reasons, or have to leave to work a day early because work starts at 0030Z....

6) Yes, previous job was only 13 days, and could back-to-back trips to get a month off with no vacation. At Atlas there is now (new "line-bidding" contract) virtually NO control of days off unless you are top 4 or 5 in base. I'm staying.

7) generally enough....sometimes min rest but not often. sometimes the dreaded 24 hours off. Often 48 off. No zombie with the -400 rest facilities.

Last edited:
Thanks 727gm,

Regarding bidding and days off, what do you bid for? Does Atlas produce bid lines or do you just bid days off? You say you have no control of days off, does that mean you can't choose the number of sequential days off or which days of the month? Can you bid all your days off in a row or can they chop it as they choose?

What about the dream lifter flying? Is that something you bid for? Is it senior?

Thanks again.

Hey Corky, go to airlinepilotcentral.com, sign up, and then go to hiring section as previously stated. Everything you pretty much ever wanted to know about Atlas is there, including every answer to your questions. The post started like two years ago and some 440 pages later continues through present day on the current hiring taking place.

Is the 62 hour guarantee hard to exceed consistently on monthly basis?

With the crt, you would have to spend no more than 12 days on the road to see 62 hours.... basically, if you stay out over 12 days, you are above garuntee. If you stay out the full 17, which most of us do, you will see around 78-81 hours per month.

Latest resources

Back