Atlas Air Announce Order for 12 747-8Fs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whale Rider said:
I didn't miss your point. My point is, if they get rid of the Polar certificate they cut their own thoats.
That's kind of funny. I said we would be cutting our own throats when we bought Polar. More for what they were going to be used for against the Atlas crews besides the financial side of it.

Turned out I was correct. The bankruptcy court, a ALPA National accountant, an independently hired forensic accountant, a number of Atlas furloughs at Polar's benefit and a number of other things proved it out in more than one way. We went from the most financially fit airline before buying Polar to bankruptcy after buying Polar in no time at all. Polar has not improved with even the most recent quarters taken into account while Atlas continues to make substancial profits.

I guess we will just have to see if "Whale Rider" prediction will come true despite what history has proven.

Maybe I can get the transcripts or some of the entered evidence released from the current arbitration on the Merger. Probably will be after the arbitration is completed though.

Then Why has AAWWH not sold POLAR? Because it has VALUE!! Face it Polar is Atlas Air's best customer. Lets not forget who has multiple route authority..Atlas...NOT!! If Polar was such a money looser, it would have been sold loooong ago. AAWWH is not in the business of loosing money, and they sure don't keep Polar around to be "NICE" to the Crews. Cfire you can believe in you'r own BS propaganda and hostile rhetoric towards PAC. The fact is PAC is an important part of the AAWWH puzzle, and YOU feel vulnerable.
Have a nice day.............And try to keep the "twinkee" consumption down to 40 lbs. a day.

Last edited:
B-atch said:
Then Why has AAWWH not sold POLAR? Because it has VALUE!! Face it Polar is Atlas Air's best customer. Lets not forget who has multiple route authority..Atlas...NOT!! If Polar was such a money looser, it would have been sold loooong ago. AAWWH is not in the business of loosing money, and they sure don't keep Polar around to be "NICE" to the Crews. Cfire you can believe in you'r own BS propaganda and hostile rhetoric towards PAC. The fact is PAC is an important part of the AAWWH puzzle, and YOU feel vulnerable.
Have a nice day.............And try to keep the "twinkee" consumption down to 40 lbs. a day.

I'm confused. How does the statment "Polar is not sold" equate to "Polar is not for sale"? Kinda like Bobb saying profits aren't important, it's revenues? I've had all sorts of things for sale on EBay, but if it don't reach my reserve....no sale.

Another of your statments, "If Polar were such a money losser, it would have been sold long ago". Who would buy a losser unless it was at bargain prices. I would reverse it, the reason Polar hasn't been sold is because they are such a money losser.

Take a momment and listen to the investor conferance call from the last quarter. When asked about the loses on the scheduled side, listen to them stammer about what their going to do about it and if there's a solution vs sale, ie, dumping the scheduled side of the operation. I believe another question was, "How much more time are you going in trying to make it work?"

Classicdriver said:
I'm confused. How does the statment "Polar is not sold" equate to "Polar is not for sale"? Kinda like Bobb saying profits aren't important, it's revenues? I've had all sorts of things for sale on EBay, but if it don't reach my reserve....no sale.

Another of your statments, "If Polar were such a money losser, it would have been sold long ago". Who would buy a losser unless it was at bargain prices. I would reverse it, the reason Polar hasn't been sold is because they are such a money losser. [end quote]

A real management team that can effectively run an airline. Not the "Genious crack team" up in Purchase. All they manage to do is piss-off their clients and loose business. Oh did I fail to mention how the AMC flight on time departures have slipped to 85%. Thanks to Atlas Air's STELLAR on time performance.

B-atch said:
Oh did I fail to mention how the AMC flight on time departures have slipped to 85%. Thanks to Atlas Air's STELLAR on time performance.

Don't know where you get this stuff. In mid August Atlas was running around 92% AMC. If I remember correctly, Polar was in the penalty box when the classics were let go, increasing loses by another 2%.

big_al said:
as long as you all keep fighting, management can do what they want, and they win
Your are correct.

Unfortunately, the hand of cooperation, help, and union brotherhood has been extended a number of times by the Atlas MEC only to be returned as a bloody stumb whenever there was any kind of a carrot dangled in front of the Polar MEC by management. Especially if it involved shafting the Atlas membership. When it was time for Polar to step up and help us, we were rewarded with a knife in the back on more than one occasion.

Cooperation requires it to be a two way street and that never existed from the Polar side. I don't think there will be any more attempts by the Atlas MEC since the Polar side has never held up to any of agreements with the Atlas membership and courted their own self interests at every turn. I think they have p!ssed on our leg too many times telling us that it was raining.

Latest resources

Back