Atlantic Coast .....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Alafly

Anyone hearing news about what's happening with ACA/Independence lately?? I hear possible summer recalls based on the separation with UAL and getting the Airbuses? Gonna have to retrain me for sure. Short term memory loss of course.

Furloughed since 5/1/03. Might consider going back if the stars aligned properly.

Any other ACA guys out there? Never see much on this site concerning ACA. Just wondering why.

ALAFLY

ACA

Any Furloughed ACA guys or gals out there that are still looking .......... try ExpressJet. PM me, I have good news for you if your furloughed from ACA.

Last edited:
Or give Air Whisky a try. I just got a 4/12/04 class date. I wish Indy Air all the best but I can't wait until 2006 for the call back.

Kenny

-Don't give up faith in FlyI. I think you're fortunate you're going to AWAC - it is my understanding they don't make people resign their seniority at ACA, unlike Comair. However in going to AWAC, it may be a good short term move, but remember, AWAC's business is competing for United Express flying against companies like Mesa, Trans States, Chautauqua, and with AWACs good pilot contract, it is inevitable that the bottom feeders will win. And it remains to be seen how the loss of the Air Tran Jet Connect will affect AWAC; short term I suspect the crews and CRJs will be swapped to the United Express side of the house, but long term, I thought the JetConnect deal had an upside. Obviously this isn't the case. When I transitioned to the FRJ in 2001, my sim instructor told me he left American for Eastern in the 1970s - don't let this be you. Yes a short term furlough sucks - but enjoy your time off and hopefully things will work out here and you'll be back before long.

Best wishes,

JTrain

Latest resources

Back