• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlantic bucks...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The point is, redeem them as soon as you are able for 50% of the face value and invest the cash. If you're saving for a kid's college, put it in a 529 account. You'll do waaayyyy better than waiting for the full maturity of the EE bond.

Agreed. And already did it myself. Interestingly, I had bonds that were nearly twelve years old. After almost twelve years, I had a $100 bond that i cashed for just under $70! Considering it was worth half the face value when I first got it, that means I gained only $20 in twelve years!!!

I cashed them ALL in (and I had quite a large bunch) and put them in my kid's 529 account most recently when the market was near bottom, and wow! the returns for that account have been huge! Wish my 401K was doing half as well (maybe it is, since it's worth just a little more than half of what it was 2 years ago! LOL!) I realize that anything can happen with that 529 account over the next 18 years, but even with only very modest gains, it'll still beat the heck out of the standard returns on those bonds.

It's 50% of face value plus a buck or two depending on how long you've had it. You have to wait a year from date of issue to redeem them. Based on present value of future dollars, I cashed in a bunch about 6 months ago to buy something that will appreciate in value as the Obama years wear on: another .45 1911 model.

Amen brother. I had a STACK of those things, cashed them in, bought a whole lot of Ammo a few years ago when the MILSURP was beginning to go up in price. It's now worth 4-5 times what I paid for it!

I just got 6 if anyone needs them.

The first to send me an address gets them. Send me $5 and they're yours. Yep, ya get one for free!

Atlantic is such an aweful FBO to begin with...why do your companies use them? They are expensive. Their customer service is the worst in the industry. They just aren't worth using.

Atlantic is such an aweful FBO to begin with...why do your companies use them? They are expensive. Their customer service is the worst in the industry. They just aren't worth using.

By no means does NJA "want" to use Atlantic. Sometime we have no choice.

Latest resources

Back