Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bssthound

Enormous Member
Found this on iwon news. It's part of a story about airline service "suffering." I know that's hard to believe!!

_AirTran had the best baggage handling rate, mishandling 3.43 bags per 1,000 passengers; and Atlantic Southeast had the worst, (mishandling 17.41 bags per 1,000 passengers.

Found it interesting that one side of the concourse is the best in the country and the other side the worst.

If you fly in/out of ATL this thread's title needs no explanation.

I'm a multiple number is the bags statistics ASA has lost. Where I fly out of (connects in Atlanta all the time), ASA stands for A Sh*tty Airline. I'm not going to bash the fine folks who fly for them as only a small amount of blame rests on their shoulders. However, their customer service staff is as lacking as any I've seen. I haven't flown on an on-time ASA flight in five years and that is not an stretch. I arrived one night, watched them load my bags on an RJ then announce an aircraft change. I flew east, my luggage flew west, then east, then further east, finally arriving at my home airport 36 hours after I did. There is simply no excuse for service like that.

I avoid ATL as often as I can.

Latest resources

Back