• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlanta snowpocalypse 2014

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys from Atlanta should be ashamed of yourselfs. 2 F'ng inches of snow and you guys start abandoning cars and losing your minds. WTF is wrong with you

If the northern cities and states did nothing to prepare the roads, you'd have the same problems, hot shot. This is what happens when government is run on the cheap. They don't want to keep the equipment and salt sitting around for the once in 5-10 years snowfall, so when it does come, it's an utter disaster.

Plus add the fact that not many down here know how to drive in the snow just compounds the problem. People trying to drive up a hill covered in ice just to start sliding backwards running into cars behind them and now that road is shut down with a pile up or jack knife. Others start to turn around and get stuck.....now what? Get out and walk.

Is that the guy that is on the public address all the time in ATL airport? If so, could someone please tell me what the heck he is saying? Is he of Scots descent perhaps?

Not to mention numerous occ employees unable to get to work to do their jobs. Phone wait times are longer.

I wonder how many schedulers dispatchers etc will get occurrences for not making it to work due to the same circumstances.

Is that the guy that is on the public address all the time in ATL airport? If so, could someone please tell me what the heck he is saying? Is he of Scots descent perhaps?

Hello, I am mayor Kasim Reed. Welcome to Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson international airport. If you're just passing thru we hope you make Atlanta part of on your future travel plans. Ya dig, jive turkey? I mean sheeeeeeut. Break ya self foo!

You guys from Atlanta should be ashamed of yourselfs. 2 F'ng inches of snow and you guys start abandoning cars and losing your minds. WTF is wrong with you

You're an idiot and an as*hole. They didn't salt or sand a single inch of asphalt down here.

I his defense they don't start sanding or salting in most winter places until we get 1 or 2 inchs ...

That's misleading. You know as well as I do that up north, there's usually all sorts of residual salt and sand on the roads from the previous snow that mitigates the problems. I can't remember a single time in years spent up north that there was an inch of snow sitting on an expressway for hours, let alone two days.

Latest resources

Back