• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dash8

alllll riiighht!!
Never been to ATL and might need to go thru there next week jumpseating,
just wondering how you get from one terminal to the other, say delta-airtran-comair-asa and vice/versa, tried checking out their website, but its most unhelpful, layout maps that are linked, but don't exist...

thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me

Underground train, or a long hike! It is set up a lot like DEN, CVG, and O'haire.

Like any other big airport you have been in, follow the well placed signs, read the maps, listen to the announcements.........then when very confused, flag down a Delta or Airtran pilot to give you directions! :)

Delta is in terminals T, A, B, D & E. Airtran is mostly in C but I think they have a few gates in D now too. ASA and Comair are mostly in C but have a some departures out of D and some international stuff going out of E also.

The terminal layout is pretty simple and as long as you have a basic understanding of the alphabet you'll be fine. Allow yourself about 10 minutes to get between terminals. If you get in on the end of one terminal and have to go to the end of another then I recommend you pack a lunch or carjack one of those stupid golf cart things to get there. It can be quite a hike.

Dash8 said:
thanks KS, any guess' as to average time to get from delta to airtran terminal? (assuming their in different wings)
and am i correct that comair and asa aren't in the same terminal as delta mainline?

I flew for USair so about all I did was go from our gates out to catch the ride to the hotal. I don't remember it being too time consuming getting around, at least no worse than any of the other big airports.

There are a bunch of DAL guys on here so maybe one will chime in to give you a better answer. Now if you want to know about PIT or CLT I'm your man!!!!!!:D

It's not bad. I do it all the time. The train is fast and your already within security. So all you have to do is get off the train go up the escalator and check out the flights. If its not what you want or you need to get to the next concourse just go back to the train. It doesn't take that long.

So all you have to do is get off the train go up the escalator and check out the flights. If its not what you want or you need to get to the next concourse just go back to the train. It doesn't take that long.

???

Yeah, you only have to do that about six times and eventually you'll find the right concourse...

A better idea -- check the screens when you get off your first flight then take the train to the appropriate concourse and go up the escalator.

KeroseneSnorter said:
I flew for USair so about all I did was go from our gates out to catch the ride to the hotal. I don't remember it being too time consuming getting around, at least no worse than any of the other big airports.

There are a bunch of DAL guys on here so maybe one will chime in to give you a better answer. Now if you want to know about PIT or CLT I'm your man!!!!!!:D
yeah i'm with ya there, pit,phl,lga i can find my way around fine (prolly from spending so much time in them lol)

I think you will find that ATL is about the most organized layout for an airport that there can be. Its pretty darn simple: all concourses are north-south and the train runs east-west. It is all linear. First is T (Terminal) then A, B, C, D, and E. Can't get much easier.

Frats,

PS: I once beat the train on foot from D to baggage claim. Sweet Jesus I was happy to get home!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back