• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATL Tower Controllers are Upset With Me

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not advocating it, but seriously how can they violate you for a TOO SLOW a taxi? I know if there's 30 airplanes behind you and you're number 1 for takeoff but you haven't gotten within 1/4 mile of the end of the runway, that's not good. But simply going slow is no violation if it doesn't bother anyboy else. Remember flight instructor days? Sometimes you'd feel like you'd never get there

Good luck to you guys. BTW this tactic does work just ask the NWA folks about BOB. They got 6/7 of the things they lost in BK back.

Additionally, regarding taxi speeds, have people actually never heard of or witnessed the "Crandall Crawl?"

So do we at ASA call this the "Brisk walk-a-thon" for Jerry's kids?

Stupid idea, I'll write everything up at the gate but will never taxi slow. All it takes it one deviation from the tower to ruin someones career.

You need to do a little research on what the FAA considers a "safe" taxi speed. Last time I looked it was the speed of "a brisk walk". That comes out to about 3-4 mph.

Heck, even the controller knows you're paid by the hour! What's the big deal?

Now, if you're paid on how many legs you can fly in a day, that's one thing...but by the hour? SLOW can be SAFE! ;-)

That's right. I remember that now. Where did they fly it to from ROA? I know I say that airplane sitting somewhere and being told it was the Roanoke airplane.

XNA....I carried the FED on my jumpseat back to DFW. Needless to say, he was NOT a happy camper about the situation. Talk about "the pilot" being screwed...blewed...and tatood!;)

Stupid idea, I'll write everything up at the gate but will never taxi slow. All it takes it one deviation from the tower to ruin someones career.

Yeah...I can see that deviation:rolleyes:...yeah, he was taxing too slow...and waaaaahhhhh, I did NOT like it! Goat...get a grip! They CANNOT violate you for taxing too slow....YGSM!! If you really believe this....you are just too stupid!

Latest resources

Back