• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATL-EWR Shuttle America nose up landing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EWR is a United hub following the merger with Continental.

I have to admit I haven't been following the merger real closely, but I thought that EWR was considered a Continental hub and protected by 50 seat scope clause so long as there's still two contracts? Something about a grievance which I thought went in the CAL pilots favor? How are they running 70 seaters out of there?

Had a Frontrow seat for the whole event! Nice Job to the crew! Any word on why the gear would not come down? Did they only find out when they came in to land and it would not come down? or did they think something might be wrong on takeoff? Has that happened to any other E170/E190 planes?

When that happened to a dash in Philly it was ferried out a short while later. Paint scrapes and antenna damage. Long live the dash.

I have to admit I haven't been following the merger real closely, but I thought that EWR was considered a Continental hub and protected by 50 seat scope clause so long as there's still two contracts? Something about a grievance which I thought went in the CAL pilots favor? How are they running 70 seaters out of there?

Sore point with the CAL guys. They just run them as United flights.

Hmmmmmmmmm, speed tape, bailing wire & some MEL's????

Sounds like everyday maintenance procedures over at Hulas Inc.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back