Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

g159av8tor

Chicago Style
How do you ATL commuters that fly for airlines that don't serve ATL get back and forth from the airport? I'm based out of IAD for ACA. Currently, my wife drives the "shuttle" from west Cobb. I've spoken to employees of the city of Atlanta Aviation Division and ATL parking services and they couldn't offer me any feasible or affordable solutions. Is there an employee lot like at IAD where a company offered waiver can get you the employee lot parking pass? Does anyone use MARTA to get to Hartsfield?

Tailwinds...

Hey there!

I used to be at ACA and I commute from ATL! Park at the Westin airport. They charge $40/month. It is still expensive but it beats the regular lot charges. Just call the Westin and tell them your story and they will send you in the right direction.

There used to be several hotels that let you park for free if you really put on the puppy dog face but they are all but gone and the one's left I wouldn't leave my car at.

I use a horse drawn carriage and have young maidens tossing real scrambled eggs from the bill of my cap as I pull into the unloading area. I also have a man who yells "ALLLL ABOOOOORRRRRRRD" before I get into the carriage to leave. Ok, of course that will come later in my career. If I had access to a train station on Marta then that would be optimal other than the above. If you have to do anything with a bus then forget it. You could walk there quicker. You can't beat the economy, efficiency of the train. It seems like some of the folks on Camp Creek Parkway would have some type of maybe "deal" but then they know they are dealing with mostly expense accounts and might not. In a pinch you could have your wife drop you off at the rear of a hotel and then walk into the lobby making sure to make the "ding" noise as you pass the elevators, inserting the appropriate amount of pause in your step. Then catch the shuttle to the airport. Of course you have called in advance to inquire of departure times. I've never done this. Just being silly. As for actual usable information I know a few couples who commute from KATL and will inquire as to their methods and get back with you.

RT

Latest resources

Back