ATL AirInc Seminar..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

motch

Pretty interesting to see the long lines at certain Air carriers, and the short ones at others.

About 1 hour to talk to Delta... seemed the same with Cal... didn't look at anyone else.
How was SWA, AirTran and UPS>

Wonder where they are going to find all the pilots they are looking for at the majors, let alone the poor regionals!
At least some of the regionals had a sense of humor. "if you have a pulse, gives a call...", "if you can fog up a mirror, you're hired", and " if your commercial multi ticket is still wet, we'll look at ya!"

Gonna be an interesting few years comming up!

Always
Motch

all part of the 2007 hiring boom, set to really take off in June

I take it you all liked my "Pulse and Mirror" presentation. I think that airlines are going to have start recruiting people as they start flight training...maybe even sponsor their training.

I thought it was interesting that the regional lines were mostly ghosttowns. I actually felt bad for the TSA and Gulfstream reps. They looked bored. Four years ago when I was trying to get on with a regional I would never have believed it would have been like this. Hopefully soon the big airlines will be the same.

This is all part of the traditional economic cycle I have seen in my 20 years in the resume writing and interview coaching business. The hiring goes at a frantic pace in the middle of the decade. Then, the economy hits a downturn at the beginning and end of a decade - and not just in aviation. As I have said many times, the best years to get hired end in 4-7 - least likely to get furloughed.

I was speaking at a job fair for the general public last week. When I looked at the 300 employers attending, NO ONE had a long line. It was like a ghost town. I would guess there were about 3,000 people that went through for the five-hour event, versus the 6000+ people attending only 18-24 months ago.

When I talked to several employers, they said it was hard to find employees right now. The "if they have a pulse" comment came up many times.

It is an employees market - use it to your advantage. Land the job you really want now (no pun intended) because that will be the safest place when the economy hits the next downturn.

I take it you all liked my "Pulse and Mirror" presentation. I think that airlines are going to have start recruiting people as they start flight training...maybe even sponsor their training.

Were you the on demand freight guy in YIP? If so, I enjoyed your presentation.

Latest resources

Back