Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jurasicpilot

OK I give up, which is it.

Last week I heard you guys were parking DC8's then I hear your parking 767's and furloughing all the new hires most of which were 76 typed??

Obviously you have upset the Douglas God and he hath brought his wrath to bear upon your tiny little company. Personally, I would find the oldest plane in fleet and talk kindly to her (for she is an angle of Douglas, the most senior one you have) and maybe you will stay in business.

Furloughing the bottom 20 FOs, downgrading 6 CAs, no engineers affected this time around. Effective Apr 8, unless a few irons in the fire pan out. If so, it would at least mitigate the numbers, or possibly forestall the furlough entirely. Haven't heard anything about parking the 76s, and only rumor of one or two DC-8s going away or being parked for now.

Lost the Congo 767 contract entirely, which is what precipitated this mess. Congolese government BS, after we spent tons on getting everything in line. Plane was ready to go over, mx and station people in place, crews on the ready, and they pulled the plug. No clue if we'll get any of that cash back since it was they who backed out.

How many 76's do you have? I was only aware of the one, which I thought was flying out of Mia to points south.....

Furloughing the bottom 20 FOs, downgrading 6 CAs, no engineers affected this time around. Effective Apr 8, unless a few irons in the fire pan out. If so, it would at least mitigate the numbers, or possibly forestall the furlough entirely. Haven't heard anything about parking the 76s, and only rumor of one or two DC-8s going away or being parked for now.

Lost the Congo 767 contract entirely, which is what precipitated this mess. Congolese government BS, after we spent tons on getting everything in line. Plane was ready to go over, mx and station people in place, crews on the ready, and they pulled the plug. No clue if we'll get any of that cash back since it was they who backed out.

I think ATI has 3 on paper.

Well, its probably for the better. Usually its after they are about 6mo behind that they fall through. Next thing you know you got a bunch of skinies in the back of a Toyota pickup with a .50 wanting to take your plane.

How many 76's do you have? I was only aware of the one, which I thought was flying out of Mia to points south.....

No clue as to how many we have on paper, but we have two flying, N761CX, and N748AX, which is the one we traded with ABX for the ETOPS bird.

Too soon to speculate about anything else.

Latest resources

Back