ATI Hiring Window

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They may not bother

Talked to a guy in ground school and they only had 32 or so lines on the last bid including reserve lines. I guess there are some over 60 guys in class which have come back too. Id be worried if I were there due to recent history. Last time they spent a year hiring and the next year furloughing.

Known industry wide for having a great pilot group though.

Last edited:
They may not bother

Talked to a guy in ground school and they only had 32 or so lines on the last bid including reserve lines. I guess there are some over 60 guys in class which have come back too. Id be worried if I were there due to recent history. Last time they spent a year hiring and the next year furloughing.

Known industry wide for having a great pilot group though.

How's the view from the cheap seats? The past situation is just that, in the past. The corporate structure is quite different. The company went through a very difficult transition, but is stronger than ever. The current hiring plans are to cover backfill positions for the 767. The number of published DC8 lines are a portion of our actual flying. We have a large group that "bids" open reserve and cover our busy ad hoc business.

Cheap seat? Well, I guess you can take refuge in oneself or ones thoughts in them at least. They are only a problem out of ATL. Besides I have never heard of any acmi carrier getting anything but the cheap seats. Didnt mean to ruffle your feathers just stating what I knew about ATI lines.

What's left of our scheduled flying lines (as compared to a few years back...) is our bread and butter, but the meat, potatoes, and occasional healthy veggies are in the charters and additional military stuff we do. Spotty at times, but consistent and lucrative enough to make it worth the effort. If things progress as we expect, we'll need the people, hoping of course at the same time that history doesn't repeat itself.

[NERVOUS: You'd never catch me in a DC-8 !]

Please tell me you didn't go grease yourself up AGAIN? :D How's the new life treating you in the really big iron?

Should be -200ERs. Also have two IGW jets in the fold. Company is still saying April for #1, but we have no manuals, no class date, no people assigned. If we get the jet in April, it's either going to be a mx mule, or someone else will fly it for a while. First one's spota be painted in our colors already. Artist's conception looks great, anyway... Holdup seems to be at FSDO level. Once that administrative hurdle is cleared, we're gonna be playing catch-up big time.

Latest resources

Back