• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATI Crewmembers Vote 100 Percent in Favor of Strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our performance history says to me that ATI can still make money even if we operated under ABX's current contract, with the possible exception of the pension plan that we don't have and never will have. This company has been incredibly profitable over the years, and someone other than us has been benefiting from it. Our non-CBA mechanics have taken it right up the backside for years, way more than we have, and we've taken it up the wazoo ever since our contract became amendable. Ever since we voted in this contract, in fact. I'd offer that ATSG could survive on our profits alone, but we'll still smother in the labor compensation rhetoric oozing from ATSG.

Have you guys negotiated a concessionary contract or is one in the works?

There will probably be a concessionary contract in place at ABX Air no later than January 30th, 2009. If not, ABX Air management will be in court on January 31st to have our current contract vacated.

Last edited:
Our performance history says to me that ATI can still make money even if we operated under ABX's current contract, with the possible exception of the pension plan that we don't have and never will have. This company has been incredibly profitable over the years, and someone other than us has been benefiting from it. Our non-CBA mechanics have taken it right up the backside for years, way more than we have, and we've taken it up the wazoo ever since our contract became amendable. Ever since we voted in this contract, in fact. I'd offer that ATSG could survive on our profits alone, but we'll still smother in the labor compensation rhetoric oozing from ATSG.

Just remember according to the ABX pilots as soon as ABX loses its ride ATSG will bankrupt and shutdown. No profits at ATI or Cappy.

I heard some rumors of lay-offs / furloughs at ATI?
Does this have to do with the strike vote or just bad economy?

They will have a lot of fun laying off all their newly qualified 767 drivers as they are almost all junior assigned(Miami Base). They will go first before any DC-8 guys...Then they can junior assign a bunch more new guys and begin the training process anew..

They will have a lot of fun laying off all their newly qualified 767 drivers as they are almost all junior assigned(Miami Base). They will go first before any DC-8 guys...Then they can junior assign a bunch more new guys and begin the training process anew..

... or just use ABX to do the Miami flying.

I heard some rumors of lay-offs / furloughs at ATI?
Does this have to do with the strike vote or just bad economy?
Did the voices tell you that one??? From what I hear, they will be heading in the other direction next year.

I hope Im wrong but like I said before If ATI goes out on strike I wonder how many ABX guys will jump in to MIA and TOL. I think the above quote says alot.

Please don't try and put words in my mouth.

I was referring to the possibility that ATI would furlough, thus depleting their "new" MIA domicile. I made no reference to TOL whatsoever.

ABX has had a MIA domicile for over 10 years.

Latest resources

Back