Athen's (LGAT)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G100driver

I am going to be in Athen's for a week this August. Any suggestions? The usual stuff: hotel, food and fun.

I am going to try and get out of town and go to the coast but I am clueless .... about Athen's that is.

Thanks in advance.

The Hilton was pretty good--rooftop bar with a view of the Acropolis. Great food--duh!

There are all kinds of ways to get to the coast or to the islands. Check with the handler (I assume this is a trip rather than a vacation). Have fun and watch your wallet.TC

G100driver said:
I am going to be in Athen's for a week this August. Any suggestions? The usual stuff: hotel, food and fun.
Don't forget your Toga and fig leaf ensemble.:D

G100driver said:

I am going to try and get out of town and go to the coast but I am clueless .... about Athen's that is.

Thanks in advance.
Go to the coast? Athens is ON the coast...

Don't miss The Plaka

Lots of boat tours leave the port. I recall one hydroplane trip covers three nice islands in a one-day trip. Santorini, with its black sand beaches... Mykonos... those are the ones I recall. Don't assume you have to get away from Athens to have fun, either. There are plenty of beaches nearby. Take a cab or the bus to Glyfada - - you won't be dissappointed.

Run a lap or two around the track in the original Olympic stadium. Visit the Acropolis - - take your time in the museum.

Brassware, gold jewelry, flokatis, blue gold (visit the "S" factory), custom-made leather sandals ... a week isn't nearly long enough! :)

Enjoy!

(I'm jealous.)

Is LGAT closed now? We would prefer that. The boss is getting on a yatch (of course) and LGAT is closer ... so I hear.

Thanks for the info.

G100driver said:
Is LGAT closed now? We would prefer that. The boss is getting on a yatch (of course) and LGAT is closer ... so I hear.

Thanks for the info.

Hellinikon is closed. Plan on a 40 minute drive to the city from the new Athens airport.

The Marriott is not bad - it has a rooftop bar and restaurant with a view of the Acropolis. It's disturbing though, that women who can afford to stay at the Marriott can't afford a complete swimsuit - one of the true tragedies of Global poverty.

On Santorini, we stay at the Vadema, a nice quiet change from the caldera side hotels. However, now that the super-models have discovered it - it probably won't be quite so quite any more. Heidi Klum was there the last time we were with some bozo that obviously didn't deserve her! ;)

GV

~

Last edited:
Truly a tragedy .... sniff sniff.

I will do my best to ensure that these poor, poor women are properly attired.

LGAT is closed. Think GATE, GAT, closed.

GVFlyer said:
The Marriott is not bad - it has a rooftop bar and restaurant with a view of the Acropolis. It's disturbing though, that women who can afford to stay at the Marriott can't afford a complete swimsuit - one of the true tragedies of Global poverty.

On Santorini, we stay at the Vadema, a nice quiet change from the caldera side hotels. However, now that the super-models have discovered it - it probably won't be quite so quite any more. Heidi Klum was there the last time we were with some bozo that obviously didn't deserve her! ;)

LMAO @ the terrible tragedy and just a useless moronic who cares at all fyi... Klum married that horrible singer they call Seal

Here she is pictured with Taliban Mariachis.
http://www.mp3popular.com/beauties/heidi_klum/pic/pic22.jpg

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back