• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATC Segment on ABC World News Tonight, 6:30 Eastern

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least the issue is getting some coverage. Marlon Blakley is full of crap though.

atcloser said:
what was it about???
ABC highlighted the fact that controllers are going to be retiring in large masses between 2005 and 2012. They have a soundbite from Blakley about how there isn't a problem now, but there will be eventually.

It was played up that there isn't a problem now, but there will be shortly. Overall, it was a good clip, and it left with the impression that something needs to be done now, which is true.

she must be on crack...people in my facility have to work 6 days a week every week to cover the lack of employees. the overtime is insane, and the safety margin is decreasing every day.

I heard that there was a hiring freeze. Is that true??? I also heard that they closed the official school.... or am I just hearing things again???

there is an external hiring freeze. any new hires are transfers within the FAA. I have a few DOD buddies waiting on slots and my hubby is stuck in a contract tower due to the ridiculously stupid age 31 cut off rule.

Latest resources

Back