ATC job interview question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

H.Agenda

My brother recently got his associates degree in ATC. I'm not sure what it says on his diploma... but regardless.

He has his initial job interview by someone representing the sector he chose, that is approximately going to take 1 hour. If he passes this successfully he will go to school in Oklahoma city.

If any of you ATC guys have any helpful advice about the interview or school it would be much appreciated.

And one specific question, what should his dress code be for the interview?

My brother recently got his associates degree in ATC. I'm not sure what it says on his diploma... but regardless.

He has his initial job interview by someone representing the sector he chose, that is approximately going to take 1 hour. If he passes this successfully he will go to school in Oklahoma city.

If any of you ATC guys have any helpful advice about the interview or school it would be much appreciated.

And one specific question, what should his dress code be for the interview?

I know things are changing quickly in the FAA but I have never heard of an interview to become a controller. Not sure why you would even need one, they hire anyone now with any qualifications.

I know things are changing quickly in the FAA but I have never heard of an interview to become a controller. Not sure why you would even need one, they hire anyone now with any qualifications.

huh.

well, maybe its for the sake of formality.

Yeah, i didn't get interviewed in 03 however we had our hub manager interview somone at our tower yesterday. Apperantly trying to get a feel of who these people are, what they did prior to applying and what they already know about ATC and Aviation as a whole. Tell your bro to relax. This agency is hurting for people, ive been in since 03 and have seen so many retire and quit its amazing. The lack of bodies is good for the newbies and for me. Finally got my transfer. I start at O'hare in Sept!!!

Just curious about the off the street hiring. I applied for a center position, do off the street guys have a good shot at it? I got a B.S. in aviation, along with 3 years of flying at the regionals. What about training pay? Do they pay you and put you up? Kinda looking for a career change, and always kicked my self for not doing the CTI thing. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, i didn't get interviewed in 03 however we had our hub manager interview somone at our tower yesterday. Apperantly trying to get a feel of who these people are, what they did prior to applying and what they already know about ATC and Aviation as a whole. Tell your bro to relax. This agency is hurting for people, ive been in since 03 and have seen so many retire and quit its amazing. The lack of bodies is good for the newbies and for me. Finally got my transfer. I start at O'hare in Sept!!!

Thanks. You gonna be approach/dep? I'm in the area too. I run a KA 200.

Bizzum, sound like your a hard guy to pass up if there are hiring off the streets.

They are doing interviews now, albeit not what most people think of as an interview. It's pretty much a formality and meant to be an opportunity to get some face time with the applicants as it is about the last stage of the process. Also, this is where you will do the psychological test. Tell your brother not to stress and take any questions he has about the process, training, or the job itself.

Latest resources

Back