ATC Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RiddleEagle18

Any Idea when the FAA will starting hiring off the street again. I was supposed to take the test in the last round but ended up having to cancel.

Cost me 4 months of seniority and waisted time at comair. Looking at a possible furlough now. Sure would've been nice to already have the process rolling.

The last public offering just closed at the end of May. I suspect that there won't be another for at least 4 - 6 months.

Just another note: The new folks we have gotten at ATL have all indicated that the hiring process isn't fast. Be prepared to hurry up and wait at least a year from start to finish. Thats what they've all consistantly said it took them to get hired from start of process until their first day.

There have been 4 public offerings this year. Those who applied for the 2/15 closing date found out whether or not they were selected for an interview a couple weeks ago. There were also application windows that closed on 5/2, 5/30, and 6/30. It would just be a guess that the FAA will continue to open the application window every few months. There is a ton of information on the jetcareers.com website.

There have been 4 public offerings this year. Those who applied for the 2/15 closing date found out whether or not they were selected for an interview a couple weeks ago. There were also application windows that closed on 5/2, 5/30, and 6/30. It would just be a guess that the FAA will continue to open the application window every few months. There is a ton of information on the jetcareers.com website.

That's a really nice site with a lot of great info!!! Thanks for sharing. I think it will help a lot of prospective ATC types out in their quest!

yea unfortunately Ive heard that it is taking about a year for the entire process. Thats why im so upset about missing my test earlier this year. hopefully they will open up the window again soon.

getting to the academy

just so people can get an idea, I graduated from a CTI school this past may and have already gotten the interview done and will be going to the academy sometime between october and december. at least thats what i was told in the interview. so at least getting to the academy has gone by very fast

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back