• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jmt

Jammin monkey Tee
Just off the press mill.
ALoha then ATA.. Very Sad...
http://honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080402/BREAKING01/80402083

ATA Airlines goes out of business, cancels all flights
Advertiser Staff
ATA Airlines late tonight announced it was ceasing operations as of 10 p.m. Hawai'i time.

OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');

The company issued this statement on its Web site:
"After filing for Chapter 11 on April 2, 2008 in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Indianapolis, IN, ATA Airlines has discontinued all operations and cancelled all current and future flights. Following the loss of a key contract for our military charter business, it became impossible for ATA to continue operations. Unfortunately, we were not in a position to provide our customers or others with advance notice.
"We apologize for the disruption caused by the sudden shutdown of ATA and regret the impact on passengers, employees, suppliers, and other parties. ATA customers should seek alternative arrangements for current and future travel. A list of other airlines serving ATA's destinations is available here.
"ATA customers who purchased tickets using a credit card should contact their credit card company or travel agency directly for information about how to obtain a refund for unused tickets.
"ATA currently is unable to provide refunds to customers who purchased tickets directly from ATA with cash or a check. These customers may be able to obtain a full or partial refund for their unused tickets by submitting a claim in ATA's Chapter 11 proceedings. Information about submitting a claim will be available at the following website: http://www.bmcgroup.com/ataairlines. "Customers who purchased tickets from Southwest Airlines for flights operated by ATA under the codeshare agreement should contact Southwest Airlines directly at (800) 308-5037."

I am very sad about this, kinda in shock. Not in shock because they shut down, but because it was so sudden.

I worked there 2000-2002. And yes it was a mess in MDW and Inflight management was something to be desired!!!!! But The crews at ATA were some of the best. I still have friends who were there. My thoughts and prayers are with all the great people of ATA. My heart just sinks with this news. You have no idea how I feel right now!!!!

This makes the third carrier in less than a week!

It's like the fall of Rome around here or something.

:(

The week isn't over yet!

I know a guy that was a FE at ATA, furloughed the last time around, then recalled a few years ago. He didn't know what to do, ended up turning down the recall, then didn't know if he really made the right decision. I think this will help him realize he made a good move!

Good luck to all in the future, I jumped on ATA several times, awesome people!!!! Sad to see a bunch of great people lose out!

Take care guys!

This makes the third carrier in less than a week!

It's like the fall of Rome around here or something.

:(

My 8 ball says:

Alitalia before next week
SkyBus before the end of May

I would know. I'm a rocket surgeon.

Good times.

JetBlue before the end of the year.

You really think jetblue will go?? What other airlines have shut down this week?

Latest resources

Back