ATA Recalling?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UM#1

Talked to a buddy of mine still at ATA and he told me they are very short staffed. Lots of JA. He didn't know if they were planning on recalling but said the furloughing is over. Anyone know anything about recalling in the near future?

I asked the "Puzzle Palace" that very question and I was told that ATA will not be overstaffed once they finish with the training cycle and as we enter into the off season staffing requirements will be better matched with our current staffing. That being said, the DC-10 deal is very much a player and the announcement either way should be shortly. The DC-10 deal only will be a net increase of a couple of planes but some recalls will probably be required early 07.

Sorry I didn't get better news for our furloughed but the company has an information lock down and not releasing any news, good or bad. On a good note I'm hearing that scheduled service is actually making money and the military is going gang busters so barring unseen news ATA will be increasing on schedule latter next year.

Latest resources

Back