• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA questions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is a new hub coming with the aircraft. However they will not come off the info because they don't want it to leak out yet.

Here is the current plans for the 717's

18 in MDW
12 in new hub
6 in IND
18 to enhance C8 markets
6 to do point to point service

The 18 to enhance C8 is not to replace the Saab it is to help on the high load cities. The Saab will enter and establish new markets.

As for new route they have plans for new ones but they would not be specific.

Huh???

Thanks for the info It's None Ya. I hope I can go to a road show, but scheduling owns my a$$ until next month, and there are too many trips in open time, so it doesn't look good.

I have a question about your numbers. I don't know if they explained them in any detail, but I'm curious about the 18 to enhance C8 markets. Don't all C8 markets go in and out of MDW? Wouldn't that mean there's really 36 in MDW, or is it the same 18 aircraft listed twice?

For the C8 guys...do you think it's possible to run a 717 to Flint or Des Moines with any kind of a load factor? Are you that full all the time?

In any event, it looks like interesting times ahead...

Those were just the numbers they company put out during there dog and pony show. They did not specify if it was 18 total or 36 total. They did say that there was to be a total of 70 to 100 airframes.

Sorry I can answer your question better

Re: Huh???

UpNDownGuy said:
For the C8 guys...do you think it's possible to run a 717 to Flint or Des Moines with any kind of a load factor? Are you that full all the time?

I think there are some cities which would see good load factors on the 717s. MDW-IND, GRR, FNT, TOL, DSM are a few. We'll see how FWA goes when we start that in June. Some markets just wouldn't be worth flying a 100-seater on, like MKE, SBN, and MSN.

I think we would do much better in many of the cities we fly to, if we weren't using the Saabs. Face it: This airplane sucks from a passenger standpoint. Plus, I'm not sure how great marketing is doing in creating brand awareness in some of these cities.

I don't know what is coming, or what the right answer is at all. But I do know morale is low right now due to all the uncertainty, and it seems like nobody will throw us a bone. It's all "wait it out, just keep doing the great job you're doing now" with no hints about what is going on. It almost feels like doom is near but nobody wants to say so, for fear we'll all up and leave. I love working here quite a bit... but the lack of knowing anything about our future is really taking it's toll.

Re: Re: Huh???

FlyChicaga said:
I think there are some cities which would see good load factors on the 717s. MDW-IND, GRR, FNT, TOL, DSM are a few. We'll see how FWA goes when we start that in June. Some markets just wouldn't be worth flying a 100-seater on, like MKE, SBN, and MSN.

I think we would do much better in many of the cities we fly to, if we weren't using the Saabs. Face it: This airplane sucks from a passenger standpoint. Plus, I'm not sure how great marketing is doing in creating brand awareness in some of these cities.

I don't know what is coming, or what the right answer is at all. But I do know morale is low right now due to all the uncertainty, and it seems like nobody will throw us a bone. It's all "wait it out, just keep doing the great job you're doing now" with no hints about what is going on. It almost feels like doom is near but nobody wants to say so, for fear we'll all up and leave. I love working here quite a bit... but the lack of knowing anything about our future is really taking it's toll.
FlyChicaga

I dont know if I agree with you because there are probably alot of scenarios being drawn up for us because they dont want the info to leak to any of the competitiors. But I also may be totally wrong. We shall see

717 Timeline - Any Estimates Yet?

When would the proposed 717s come on line? Are we talking less than 6 months or more than 1-2 years? Should be great for pilot hiring... I am betting the mystery hub is either PIT or CLT.

Re: 717 Timeline - Any Estimates Yet?

Heavy Set said:
When would the proposed 717s come on line? Are we talking less than 6 months or more than 1-2 years? Should be great for pilot hiring... I am betting the mystery hub is either PIT or CLT.

IMHO PIT is no good since it is subject to snow and the area seems economically depressed in general. CLT seems like an excellent choice. There is no LCC with a hub there now and the city seems to be growing at a fast rate. All mgmnt said about possible new hubs at the dog and pony show was it will be someplace warm between MDW and the Cayman islands.

Mgmnt also said at the roadshow that we could have the 717's here as early as 6 months but a year was a more likely timeframe.

FlyChicaga said:
Heard from a guy, who heard from a guy, who's was told by George M's pet fish (you know how it goes) that an announcement either way on the 717's should come soon. If the order goes through, it means good things in the near future. If no order, then expect some assets to be sold, which means our little airline will probably be for sale. Hope the 717 purchase goes through.

Hope this is not true. It sounds too much like Jonathan Ornstein quotes.

Latest resources

Back