• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

ATA Jumpseat

Gutenberg

Total Time
I heard that 135 pilots can jumpseat on ATA flights. How does this work if at all?

-Gutenberg

"Mason...I'm coming for you Mason..."

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
Total Time
5000+
It works really well. Southwest will take you too

AlabamaMan!!

You broke muthafu*as!!!!
Total Time
Turd.....

Southwest will only take you if you're on their approved list. I know WCC isnt....its only some cargo carriers I think. Hang on, i'll shoot you a link to the ATA stuff.

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
Total Time
5000+

Last edited:

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
Total Time
5000+
Well... when I worked for a teenie tiny little 135 operator in the middle of South Dakota I had no problem getting rides on ATA out of minneapolis and SWA out of Chicago. We were such a small company we didn't even have ID badges so I made my own on the computer and took it to Kinko's for the shiny lamination. Worked like a charm each and every time! As always, individual results may vary.

taiar

Total Time
+12000
Made your own ID....I can't belive you even posted that.....This is the reason we have CASS.

-T

Wankel7

It's a slippery slope...
Total Time
taiar said:
Made your own ID....I can't belive you even posted that.....This is the reason we have CASS.

-T
And the reason legit 135 companies that are on the agreements with these 121 company's are going to be hurt....or well their pilots :(

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
Total Time
5000+
How can you tell me what i did was wrong? This company I worked for was a "legit" 135 company. The fact is that pilots didn't need company ID badges for daily operations, so the company never got around to making them for us. A few of the pilots that did want to jumpseat had to have a picture ID of some sort so to get past the TSA freaks, and this is what we did to make things work. We even had the permission of the owner and chief pilot. In this post 9/11 world we live in with the TSA nazi's and other governmental agencies trying to rule our lives, what's the little guy gonna do? I guarantee this "legit" 135 company could never afford to pay for the database to go to CASS, as if 135 operators will ever get the chance anyways. SO, All i say is big freeking deal that I made my own ID badge. What law did i break? Chill out dude...

AlabamaMan!!

You broke muthafu*as!!!!
Total Time
BE90Flyr and other message board trolls,

I called gutenberg a biatch because i know him. Turd happened to be his self-chosen softball jersey name. It was a joke. Mind your own business. Go back under the bridge now.

Last edited:

AlabamaMan!!

You broke muthafu*as!!!!
Total Time
I got a three day to Pittsburgh..be back Sunday...maybe sunday afternoon/evening we could hit up the "Inn" for some Golden Tizzle, nizzle.