ATA Information & Press

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks!!!

Interesting reading and a good thing to look at right before interview time. Thanks again!!

That is good info, especially re: the military flying increasing. Hopoefully it'll come in handy sometime....

You're not ex-Allegheny by any chance are you, ATA75?

You are correct Sir...

10 years Suburban / Allegheny. Real disgrace what mainline is doing to the WO's these days.

Have we crossed paths before?

-ed

Lucky guess eh? (Shorts & Dash8, where else those would come from I've no clue)

I've been at ALG since July '98, so not sure if we'd have crossed paths or not. It was a great company, but I'm kinda scared that management at ALG and Mainline are gonna run us under. Sad, that. Lots of guys had planned on retiring from ALG - I jsut hope they'll still be able to.

the resumes are out (including ATA - second update just happened) and we'll hope for the best!

Thanks again for the info.

Toby

ATA75Pilot said:
You are correct Sir...

10 years Suburban / Allegheny. Real disgrace what mainline is doing to the WO's these days.

Have we crossed paths before?

-ed

I wonder if we have. I spent six years at ALG (interrupted by a 16 month furlough) before leaving for UFS and Vanguard. Were you ABE or RDG based? I was in RDG for a year prior to the furlough and came back to MDT.

By the way, I was driving back from indy after interviewing on Thursday and my wife called me screaming that I had got the call - 737 class on July 8th. They hadn't had the results of the sim ride for more than an hour and a half and they gave me a class date. I am totally stoked.

See you on line.
KJ

Congrats on the job offer and welcome aboard. You are gonna like the "Bullwinkle Jet" (737).

I spent my time at ALG at various bases...LNS, RDG, CHO, ISP, and mostly BWI. I dropped you a PM with more detail.

-ed

My time at UFS was pleasingly brief - just 8 months. My three and a half years at Vanguard have been awesome. I have never had more fun at any job. I just can't imagine retiring from there, ergo ATA. Picked up something like 1300 hours of large jet PIC in my time there, though.

Latest resources

Back