ATA April 7th Class Drop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UM#1

Can any of you new hires in the April 7th ATA class give us some info. how many, a/c types, etc. thanks

I'm also curious as to how the class was divided up. The majority of recent newhires have been going into the 757. Hope that there are more 737 newhires in this class.

sayagain?

come on guys at least some of you read these boards...give us the downlow!!!

I just flew with a captain on his last trip that was in the April 7th class. The low down was 20 poeple for the 757. That is all I know, but talkingw ith him, he said that this probably is the last class for the 757, but someone in ATA will know a lot more than I do. Just giving you some news from someone that is in that class now.
Anthony

Saw this on ATA's website:

Location: Crew Bases (To Be Assigned); RELOCATION IS REQUIRED

What does "RELOCATION IS REQUIRED" mean.

Thanks in advance.

Splert...:cool:

means if you don't currently live @ the domicile,you soon will... if you want the job that is....

For how long, how close, while on reserve, until one can hold a line, until off probation or until the cows come flying home?

That kind of stuff.

Thanks

Last edited:
ATA Pilots are not, nor will they ever be required, to live in domicle.

The majority of pilots are commuters at this company and we have contractual and company programs designed to assist those who do not live in base.

antney said:
I just flew with a captain on his last trip that was in the April 7th class. The low down was 20 poeple for the 757. That is all I know, but talkingw ith him, he said that this probably is the last class for the 757, but someone in ATA will know a lot more than I do. Just giving you some news from someone that is in that class now.
Anthony

Thanks for the jump seat down from MKE last week, Anthony. Here's the latest from the Membership Services Chairman (whose spelling and grammar has been corrected by yours, truly).

The class consisted of a variety of people from former airlines. National, US Air, Ryan,C8,and the US Air Force. The break down on equipment was as follows 2 to the B737,4 to the L-1011, and 8 going to the B757. We also had 3 return engineers in this class.

The next new hire class is scheduled for April 21 with 8. This would be followed by the next class on the 5th of May with 20.

The folks interviewing in the next month are probably the only ones who will get classes this year. It seems like they might be interviewing to fill the pool up a bit, though. Since this is ATA, however, all predictions are subject to change at a moment's notice. This is all I know - frantic PM's won't extract more information. Sorry.

Latest resources

Back