Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

roughneck

copied from SWAPA forum.

"Buddy of mine called me and asked me what was up with 6 ATA 73's and 1 Aloha 73 parked in front of our maintenance hangar in Dothan, Alabama. I didn't even know we had a maintenance hangar in Dothan. Can Anyone confirm?"

We don't have a mx facility there, but we contract for our heavy checks there. Maybe we are doing a pre-buy?????

Last edited:
Buddy of mine called me and asked me what was up with 6 ATA 73's and 1 Aloha 73 parked in front of our maintenance hangar in Dothan, Alabama. I didn't even know we had a maintenance hangar in Dothan. Can Anyone confirm?

It is probably where SWA outsources some of their maintenance.... Not a maintenance hangar that is "theirs".

Skipper

Several companies do.....as I'm sure it is with the place mentioned in your post.

It just means that Aloha 73s are ending up all over the place, not necessarily for entry into SWA's fleet.

Maybe SWA will buy some of Delta's new -700's. When you post a $6.4 Bil quarterly loss, you probably need to put some of your stuff in hawk.

Looks like the SWA CEO might be finding that "fire sale" that he was looking for.

Can confirm, saw them there 2 days ago. 1 Aloha and at least 5 ATA birds, seems engines were coming off of one of the ATA planes.

Place does contract heavy maintenance for all sorts of places. NWA, SWA, Alaska and a few foreign outfits. Gemini even had a DC-10 in there.

Heavy metal for a place that only gets RJ service.

tagged plane

Just curious if our "Wyland" painted Aloha 73 is there? Some of us are wondering if Wyland's artwork will be covered up with a new paint job. We called it the "aquarium" or "tag" (the graffitti bird). Can't miss it with all the dolphins and whales and seals and fish.....

Latest resources

Back