ATA adding 4 cities in April '06

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyBoeingJets said:
I find your lack of faith disturbing.....

Fly, Don't know how long you've been here but I've NEVER missed a vote on anything. I participate so I have the right to complain. I have very little confidence in our "association" right now.

Gup

SWA/FO said:
Hairy? & Stinky? They have many over-the-counter products that can help, most can be purchased at any CVS. Good thing for you they are open 24 hours. :p

I don't know she might need something more potent from the clinic. Working the street corners to make ends meet sometimes results in contraction of more than just a "cold sore." I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to supplement that first year F/E pay.

SWA/FO said:
ATA was in bankruptcy... they received offers from AirTran Airways
(da tranny) & Southwest Airlines. Southwest was chosen as their best offer. End of story. What happens next is up to Denison (sp) and Kelly.

I like ATA.

I like how you are omitting the proposal from America West that would have resulted in no furloughs, no displacements, basically the same pay scale, and lots of competition for SWA.

I guess being a great big customer of Boeing goes a long way in convincing them to not be at all interested in any refis.

But, hey, as long as it is good for your company it is good for you and the investors. And that is what really matters.

You know what? I had America West in there, then I thought they never officially made an offer. I figured, if I was wrong the flightinfo police would be all over my a$$. I don't think an official offer was made.... I guess we, you, everyone can dream what that offer would have included.

GuppyWN said:
Fly, Don't know how long you've been here but I've NEVER missed a vote on anything. I participate so I have the right to complain. I have very little confidence in our "association" right now.

Gup

My humor didn't come accross. I was doing my best Darth Vader impression.

I am glad you are not buying everything the union leadership is trying to sell. Don't lose your skeptical attitude when it comes to union stuff.

SWA/FO:

You are correct, I don't think that an actual offer was made by AWA, that is why I called it a proposal, though perhaps legally speaking the two are different, or interchangable, or who knows. The thing is, what I was trying to convey and what you are saying is the same, AWA never put any paper in officially with the bankruptcy court.

Anyway, as far as the terms of that proposal - in so much as it would have affected the pilot group(s) - I believe my assesment of it was pretty much right on. That info was given to me from the union people who were directly involved with the AWA ALPA unit.

I'm not one for spending much time on "what ifs", I personally think ATA could have a good deal with SWA now, we shall see. I do want to chime in on the AWA deal anyway, for accuracy sake.

AWA never did put a formal deal on the table because for some unknown reason Boeing and other leasors decided not to come to the table. Many, including myself, believe that pressure from SWA killed the deal. I've come to this belief after hearing from others that were pretty close to the deal.

Business is business, if you are the 800 lb gorilla you can make things happen.

I do believe that the AWA deal would have been the best deal for most ATA employees. That being said that's "so 2004" history and the future is the codeshare with SWA so let's stay focused on making that work because there is a tremendous amount of potential here.

As one of the union people who sat at the table with America West, Pickle's assesment of the situation is right on. The funding that boeing agreed to put up for the aquisition was mysteriously pulled in the 11th hour.

But, it doesn't really matter now anyway, does it!?

Latest resources

Back