• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
I'm way down the grapevine on this one but it made me curious:
I heard that 135 operators can jumpseat on ATA. Is that a load of BS (that's what I told the guy I heard this from but it would be cool to be wrong) or is that true?
If it's true, what are the details/catch?

Yes, 135 operators with a recip. agreement are allowed to jumseat on ATA. I know of at least two 135 company's that have this agreement with them. (Airnet and MartinAir)

Yep. Captain's discretion. If you have an ID and commensurate certificates, you can have a seat in back with everybody else. If you're nice to the F/A's you might even get a comp headset so you can watch Friends and George Lopez re-runs.

So, your (135) company does or does not have to have an agreement with ATA. Additionally, what certificates do I need besides my 135 ID?
Nextly, does anyone know of any airline I can jumpseat with as a 135 pilot, I'd like to visit my family for the holidays, and can't exactly afford last minute air fare right now.

So, your (135) company does or does not have to have an agreement with ATA. Additionally, what certificates do I need besides my 135 ID?

Negative ghostrider, it has never been that "your" company needs to be on the "magic list" or have any other sort of agreement with ATA. It is solely up to the captain. I have jumped on them many times and have never had a single problem. I will be going on them for New Years and expect nothing but the best.

Illini,

you will NEED a company photo ID that has employee number, doh, etc, etc, on top of your other required items.

3 5 0

350DRIVER said:
Illini,

you will NEED a company photo ID that has employee number, doh, etc, etc, on top of your other required items.

3 5 0

So what "other required items" are there besides Co. photo ID badge (which includes emp. #)?
How do you go about setting this up? Spell it out for me, I've never done anything like this before. No detail is too innane!!

Thanks!

So what "other required items" are there besides Co. photo ID badge (which includes emp. #)?

I apologize, the last post was not in good taste... Call the ATA non-rev number the day before you plan to travel. List for the flight that you intend you fly on, bring your 135 photo ID, certificates, medical, and you should be set. I have never had a problem j/s on ATA. I have the utmost respect for them since they have always treated me extremely well. I hope you have the same luck....

3 5 0

Back in '97 I worked for a small 135 air ambulance and charter co. that had a seasonal scheduled run (with airline code) and we had 1 or 2 recip agreements. We were able to jumpseat occasionally with other carriers at captains discretion - very iffy. I was told to have 135 ID, pilot's licence and my current 8410. Nowadays I doubt there are too many who will bother with just any 135 jumpseaters. Regardless, it's a gracious favor or priveldge so don't abuse it or be a pain at checkin if you get that far.

1-866-LIST-ATA (547-8282) It is suggested that you call and list between the hours of 7pm - 7am.

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back