Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

STREAKS

Skin and Steel
Guys, got a question. My brother is looking for a career change. He's 27 and is starting at an ATCTI school this month. It's a two year school (Mt. SAC) in California. What he's curious about is the two year degree he's getting from this school. Is there a requirement for a four year to actually get a good shot or is the two year adequate?

Any input is much appreciated.

-Streaks

I used to work at a four-year school and we always recommended two-year programs for people in your brother's situation.

Besides, if going to a four-year will put him over the age limit, why worry about it? The two-year is your only choice.

Never thought I would say this but I actually will be turning down the FAA offer because I can make more flying. It is weird how quickly a job can go from professional to its current state. Oh well I would probably suck at ATC anyway because it is about 10 times harder than flying.

tell your brother to do the mtsac thing. mtsac is probably has one of the weakest programs in the nation, but who cares. all that the CTI program is for is to check the box in order to get a job w/ the faa. i did the mtsac thing and also did the career change from flying. your brother can expect some headaches getting into all of the classes that he needs but mtsac still is one of the easiest programs to get through. its only a 2 year deal.

Hey Ya'll,

I graduated from CCBC (Two year CTI school in PA) and I have many friends who did the two year thing at Mt. Sac.

Of my friends from Sac the two I can remember off hand, one went to SOCAL Tracon, the other went to Atlanta Tracon.

Its definitely worth, it. I graduated December 06 and im at a Level 12 tower (highest paid, most traffic etc) and loving it.

Any questions feel free to PM.

ATCT
ATC, Pilot

Hey Ya'll,

I graduated from CCBC (Two year CTI school in PA) and I have many friends who did the two year thing at Mt. Sac.

Of my friends from Sac the two I can remember off hand, one went to SOCAL Tracon, the other went to Atlanta Tracon.

Its definitely worth, it. I graduated December 06 and im at a Level 12 tower (highest paid, most traffic etc) and loving it.

Any questions feel free to PM.

ATCT
ATC, Pilot
You went from graduated to your facility in less than 3 months?

Latest resources

Back