AT-802 Air Tanker down in Arizona

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JimNtexas

Yesterday (7/6/2005) an Air Tractor AT-802 tanker crashed while fighting a fire about 60 miles west of Phoenix. I happen to be in Phoneix and saw pictures on local TV. The aircraft is intact on the side of a hill, and the pilot is said to have survived and called for help on his cell phone.

Good work on the pilots part.

Anybody know the pilot's name? I flew with a guy at ARW who owned an AirTractor and leased it back to the gummint. He also had it on floats and convinced the Feds it would be an OK deal. Last I heard he had given up flying. Would appreciate any info on his name. Dad

Tanker 411 was working the Eagle Eye fire, and returning to base, with an apparent power failure. As others have stated, he used a cell phone and was picked up while walking from the forced landing site. T-411 was one of three SEATs (single engine air tankers) working the fire. The pilot has only minor injuries. Pending investigation, no further information is being released.

My list shows T-411 as a Thrush assigned to Western Pilot Services...not an Air Tractor.

We were a little busy a week and a half ago, but lately it's been fairly quiet. Need smoke.

avbug said:
Need smoke.

You'll probably get it in California sooner than later this summer... all of Seattle's rain made its way south last winter. Here on the Monterey bay there were rains in June..very seldom happens... the weeds/brush are 6' tall in places where they're usually 3...

Latest resources

Back