Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

volunteer

Saturdays in the fall.
I am getting conflicting info on the Astra SPX. Can someone with SPX experience please tell me if it will go from Aspen to Philadelphia on a 20-25 degree C day with 1000 pounds of pax and bags? VFR departure from Aspen, so no IFR climb gradients to meet.

One person says no. A couple have said yes (One says 27 degrees and it can go anywhere in the lower 48 from Aspen??).

With the limited info I have, the trip is 1517nm airway and will require 5680 pounds of fuel plus reserves.

Thanks.

Just by looking at the tabbed data, you'd be runway limited. I don't have it in front of me, but APG or Ultranav will give more precise numbers. They use the same data though. If KASE lengthened their runway by a couple of thousand feet, you could do it. With 1000 lbs pax/bags, a normal BOW, 5600 lb burn and 1500 lbs at landing (not much for PHL) you're looking at a takeoff weight of about 22000.
For 20C:
Flaps 0 - 9800' Rwy Rqrd
Flaps 12 - 8600' Rwy Rqrd
Flaps 20 - Off the chart. You could do it with a balanced field at 10C though.

Just as an OBTW. 15/33 at KASE is presently under construction. A 1000' extension is being added to the south side of the runway and taxiway. Local Notam out for closures and restrictions for Sept/Oct.

Latest resources

Back