Astra SPX/G100 Off the runway at PDK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

400A

N100G / SN#92 is off the runway at PDK today.

Plane Runs Off Runway at Peachtree DeKalb Airport
Last Edited: Friday, 14 Sep 2007, 5:56 PM EDT Created: Friday, 14 Sep 2007, 5:56 PM EDT
photo_servlet
Plane Runs Off PDK Runway

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. (AP) – Authorities said a plane ran off the end of a runway at Peachtree DeKalb Airport Friday afternoon.

Investigators said a HazMat team had been called to the scene to help prevent any fuel leakage. The plane was registered to a company based out of Pennsylvania.

Investigators said the plane overshot the runway by several hundred yards due to a brake failure. There was no word on a cause of the failure.

Several runways were shut down as a result of the incident.

There were no reports of injuries as of Friday evening.

I remember hearing about a King Air taking out the localizer at PDK a couple of months back....now the Astra...my friend was in traffic and saw it happen today and he's a mx guy for the FAA working on Nav equipment....guess he'll be busy again

6001x150 for 2R/20L

I remember hearing about a King Air taking out the localizer at PDK a couple of months back....now the Astra...my friend was in traffic and saw it happen today and he's a mx guy for the FAA working on Nav equipment....guess he'll be busy again

6001x150 for 2R/20L

I noticed you put the runway length. That length is only good for takeoff. The displaced threshold on 20L makes the runway much shorter for landing. Atlanta needs a reliever airport with a longer runway.

Last edited:
I noticed you put the runway length. That length is only good for takeoff. The displaced threshold on 20L makes the runway much shorter for landing. Atlanta needs a reliever airport with a longer runway.

I wish they would do that with Dobbins when NAS Atlanta closes.

Per Flightaware, look's like they left MQS destined for JAC initially, and diverted to PDK. If they took off from MQS at MTOW, they'd be close to overweight for landing at PDK. Hope not.

We saw the fuselage sitting on a trailer at the approach end of 02L yesterday afternoon. Thought it was strange to see an Astra in that condition. Didn't see where it went off, but they had already pulled the wings, guess there was a recovery crew getting it ready to move.

Why does PDK need a relief airport? The runway length is more than adequate to get any type of business jet in there. Be on game!

Why does PDK need a relief airport? The runway length is more than adequate to get any type of business jet in there. Be on game!

5001ft available for landing on 20L. Any sort of malfuntion and it is not enough for many aircraft.

It is not adequate if you want to put fuel on and go to the west coast on a summer day. Alot of your Mid-size jets need alot of more runway than what they have at PDK if you are loaded.

Latest resources

Back