Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man, I need to live where you live.

I guess I should qualify this:

If you are a contractor paying for your own recurrents and training, this is what the market will pay. If someone else is paying for your training (ie the client) you will not be able to charge as much.

If your clients are not willing to pay this given your expense you need to cut bait or become a better salesman. You set the rate, not the client.

GD100driver, how do you come by this figure? Is it through personal experience? I'm looking at flying part time, I guess you could say contract, for a private company with an international 38000# jet. I anticipate taking up the slack for vacations, some sick calls etc and flying both PIC & SIC. They have a complete crew at present. They are going to type me. I'm wondering what's reasonable to charge and there are few comparables out there. Your figure of 600 to 800 is the only one I've found. Sooo, I was wondering how you determined that figure. Appreciate any info you care to give.

GD100driver, how do you come by this figure? Is it through personal experience? I'm looking at flying part time, I guess you could say contract, for a private company with an international 38000# jet. I anticipate taking up the slack for vacations, some sick calls etc and flying both PIC & SIC. They have a complete crew at present. They are going to type me. I'm wondering what's reasonable to charge and there are few comparables out there. Your figure of 600 to 800 is the only one I've found. Sooo, I was wondering how you determined that figure. Appreciate any info you care to give.

We used to operate an Astra and that was what we paid the guys who maintained their own currency. Astra school is NOT cheap when you compair it to other aircraft.

With that said, if this group is going to pay for your type AND keep you current you should give them a break. As for the others, you should charge them industry rate. I suggest you go on www.avcrew.com and contact some the full time Astra contractors and see what they charge.

The Astra is a lousy airplane to try and make a full time living contracting. There is only about 150 of them made and sim slots go at a premium.

Good luck!

The G-Guy is right. My company pays $775 for Astra guys, if you as for $500 they will happily pay it but $650-$775 is what we expect.

Latest resources

Back