Astar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

356emain

I saw on your labor talks website the words "We are the original DHL airline!" in red bold letters. I think we all know DHL once owned a part of you before you were sold off. I am just curious, what is your point?

Astar = DHL Airways

Before there was a DHL UK or EAT or DHL Panama or any other airline flying DHL core material today, there was DHL Airways. DHL Airways was not a half bastard stepchild, like we've become today, but a wholly owned in house DHL airline. We were the airline for DHL in the US. Some of the guys working for us today personally knew Larry Hillblom, the "H" in DHL and flew him around.

While it does not mean much today, it is with a sense of pride that we want people, such as yourself, who aren't familiar with our beginnings and know only of our convoluted recent past to know who we really are. I'm sure you feel the same for your Airborne Express heritage.

Like I said, it doesn't mean much. But if we were to forget our past, we would have no hope for a future.

Last edited:
=Astar

Nicely said. Though I did not think much of the Airborne operations when we first arrived at ILN, I have come to see they had a smooth running, dedicated group of folks that could have probably changed and flourished with the times. They were obviously quite innovative and probably contributed to the shortage of steel in the US.;) It's to bad the "New" DHL is ripping us all apart, lining the pockets of some real scumbags on the field and in Miami.

Side note, glad to see the furloughed back, I was enjoying the slow pace of life. Guess its back to the ILN 500, see you on the track!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back