Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ABXbooger

Rumor control here...

What is the max altitude for the A300's?

Are Astars planes RVSM'd?

40,000 feet max altitude......and we are currently flying around at FL 270/ 280. RVSM paperwork has been submitted to the FAA for approval. Yes..I know..it looks bad flying from Cincinnati to Los Angeles at FL 280.

Last edited:
The rumor has it that the A300 was only certified to upper 20's or so. I had heard that the DC-8's where RVSM, and I assumed the A300's would be also, but I heard that the 727's were not going to be RVSM'd. Saw one in SLC the other day, wouldn't want to pay the fuel bill from CVG to SLC on that one at 270.

The RVSM paperwork has been submitted for the 727's also... The crews are currently completing RVSM training.

Why are you guys so slow in getting RVSM certified?

PHXFLYR:cool:

rvsm

PHXFLYR said:
Why are you guys so slow in getting RVSM certified?

PHXFLYR:cool:

Boy thats a good question.A Little finger pointing going on. Common answer is that the 72 fleet comes from so many different places the wiring is all different and has been a nightmare. It has been in the feds hands for a week or so. We shall see.

ABXbooger said:
The rumor has it that the A300 was only certified to upper 20's or so. I had heard that the DC-8's where RVSM, and I assumed the A300's would be also, but I heard that the 727's were not going to be RVSM'd. Saw one in SLC the other day, wouldn't want to pay the fuel bill from CVG to SLC on that one at 270.

Speaking of rumors, whats with the 76 rumor about no more cargo door conversions. Some of your guys were saying that boeing has washed their hands of the conversion and does not support it because one of the fuselages got a wrinkle in it during the conversion.

goastar said:
Boy thats a good question.A Little finger pointing going on. Common answer is that the 72 fleet comes from so many different places the wiring is all different and has been a nightmare. It has been in the feds hands for a week or so. We shall see.

I can't remember last time I flew one than didn't have the equipment though.

goastar said:
Speaking of rumors, whats with the 76 rumor about no more cargo door conversions. Some of your guys were saying that boeing has washed their hands of the conversion and does not support it because one of the fuselages got a wrinkle in it during the conversion.

:) Bondo the wrinkles and cover it with bright yellow paint! Should of cut doors in the 8s ABX chopped up instead, they wouldn't have any wrinkles!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back