Astar loses DHL international flying permanently

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IHaveAPension

According to the MEC hotline, DHL decided to permanently award the JFK-BRU-BAH route to Kalitta. Also what's up with the possibility of being surplus up to 33 airbus crewmembers? Will that lead to displacements?

IHaveAPension said:
According to the MEC hotline, DHL decided to permanently award the JFK-BRU-BAH route to Kalitta. Also what's up with the possibility of being surplus up to 33 airbus crewmembers? Will that lead to displacements?

Talk to me goose. How much of the ASTAR schedule is vulnerable to outsource? Is it anything international?

FlyBoeingJets said:
Talk to me goose. How much of the ASTAR schedule is vulnerable to outsource? Is it anything international?

From what I understand, they are now an ACMI carrier for DHL and they serve at DHL's pleasure, meaning that DHL can and does change their schedules at DHL's whim. Astar does do some flying for themselves with some DOD charters and such and I think they are trying to grow that side of their business to make them less dependent on the whims of DHL.

Our schedules do change, especially with the consolidation coming up. However, when we lose a run, DHL has to give us another one. No international in the immediate future though. I think DHL figures Astar and ABX are going to have their hands full for the next few months in country. We may regain some int'l ops. after while. It's going to be a busy time domestically. I'm going to miss Belgian beer.

Latest resources

Back