• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Astar lay offs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well that was the news around the rumor mill anyways. I was talking to some ex ABX guys who thought you picked up some UPS equipment. I hope the layoffs don't come, I'd hate to see more brothers out on the street.

Last edited:
I was talking to some ex ABX guys who thought you picked up some UPS equipment.

There may have been some engines and other spare parts that came from UPS, but my understanding of the agreement with Boeing was that the airframes had to be scrapped.

Hvy, is the July date a reprieve from the original March 2010? Will the 8s still be operating after July?

There may have been some engines and other spare parts that came from UPS, but my understanding of the agreement with Boeing was that the airframes had to be scrapped.

Hvy, is the July date a reprieve from the original March 2010? Will the 8s still be operating after July?

707, as it turns out, the scrapping deal was an urban legend. The July date is for a handful of us that they need to fly till others are trained. The big furlough will occur on schedule Mar. 06, 2010. The Diesels are scheduled to operate at least through the end of 2010, at the same level of ops. we have now.

Last edited:

Murray has an "new" dc-ocho with ups paint scheme parked on the ramp.

Latest resources

Back