Astar Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FreightBumper

The FAA announced today that it positively identified the airplane part that landed in a yard near Pittsburgh last month. It belongs to an ASTAR 727. I guess they had to sort thru all the other bright yellow 72s that fly out of Pittsburgh to narrow it down. If you order wing flaps, DHL does deliver right to your door.

The FAA announced today that it positively identified the airplane part that landed in a yard near Pittsburgh last month. It belongs to an ASTAR 727. I guess they had to sort thru all the other bright yellow 72s that fly out of Pittsburgh to narrow it down. If you order wing flaps, DHL does deliver right to your door.

Yep, looks like things aren't going well at all....

http://www.triadcars.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080104/NRSTAFF/746675650/-1/NEWSRECRSSARKIVE

You don't really want to start something like this do you FB?

"The plane, a Boeing DC-9 with a crew of four on board, landed safely at the airport shortly thereafter, said David Younts, a telecommunicator at PTI. Other engines on the plane allowed for the safe landing."

What'd they do - fire up the APU?:laugh:

Me, too, and I cut my teeth on Boeings (outside of training, of course...). It just doesn't feel right.:eek:

As least it didn't fall off.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, and presume that you're TIC here. Most of the ABX guys I talk to are decent folks. Comparing oopsies between the 2 groups is something that would be foolish to waste time on. I think we'd better be more focused instead on what to do when merger time comes.

Remember years ago when the ABX DC-8 on takeoff from ORD had one of it's main gear door actuators break off and land in the bedroom of a little old lady? It missed skewering her in her bed by just a few feet.

Latest resources

Back