Astar hurting DHL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hvydriver said:
I don't know what DHL does with the freight after it leaves the airplane. I do know that I just got my part of the bonus DHL paid out to Astar for exceeding contractual on time performance. I don't think that DHL has "trouble" with either airline. I'd say your friend was given some bad information.

Good point HVYDRIVER, I doubt DHL would give a bonus of over $1 MILLION to a company that was hurting their bottom line.

I seriously doubt a high level Exec would be bothered with talking to anyone about this type of info. Most likley an assistant or manager would do the leg work and quite possibly make the decision.

AV8OR said:
"..........but when told that "stations that are serviced by Airborne, we can guarantee next day by 1030 service, but stations that are serviced by Astar we can only guarantee 2-day service

What the hay, I'll take a shot at it. Here's a possible scenario that could easily have occured and why there's no way this is a relevant post to either AStar or ABX...

Biz Exec talks to someone at DHL about changing to DHL. OK so who'd they talk to? An acct rep? A DHL(Airborne) driver, somebody they met on the golf course? We don't know, so there's no way to know whether or not the person they talked to, didn't know what they were talking about, OR, was a former Airborne or current ABX person who believed this to be true or had a personal agenda OR whether they were just talking out their....uh you know.

Bottom line..."but when told that...." By who? In what context? Was the person the "executive" talking to someone reliable or just someone who stayed at a Holiday Inn last night? Either way, if someone said it they were incorrect. The DHL operation is on it's way to being integrated so unless you contract with ABX or AStar outside of DHL, you won't know one way or the other.

Not denying the conversation happened......it's just irrelevant.

AV8OR, I believe this guy stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Only EXPRESS will give you superhuman master of the universe knowledge about the shortcomings of ASTAR and our lack of jet speed. PS Did you cash your Performance based on-time bonus check yet?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back