Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shooter

Call me the Tumblin' Dice
DPWN 3Q is in, yet the purchase of Astar has been delayed (AGAIN) until December 31, 2007.

I know everyone was looking forward to seeing just how rich JD has become, and I'm sure it would help the Astar contract talks in regard to cash flow. But we have to wait a couple more months.

They have also downgraded the US market beyond 2009 for profits, but did not release a date they expect to get back in black. Could be as soon as 2010 or as far as 2020. Not good when you need to hold them to the wallet. The CC was scarry when EVERYTHING is up but the US market, and they miss words when talking about the US market. Get ready for the screws to be put to US operators!

Where did you get this info could you post the link.

THX

sure:

http://investors.dpwn.com/en/invest...enberichte/dpwn_interim_report_2007_9m_en.pdf

that is the report. The Astar delay is on page 31. I think it was on page 29 in the 2Q report saying it would be in the 3Q.

here is the link to the conference:

http://www.dpwn.de/dpwn?tab=1&skin=hi&check=yes&lang=de_EN&xmlFile=2008502

analysts' are calling the US operation a "disaster". Klaus tried to defuse that, of course.

You will also see a new management system being introduced where DPWN will now require performance based off assets to be held accountable. I think they said it is based off 8.5% of asset input. So if you do not perform, you get cut and management is held accountable. You will see DHL in Plantation start turning screws and hold operators accountable. No more riding on coat tails so to speak. So mama is pissed and US is in the cross hairs.

When speaking of the US operations, John Allan says the US Express business is very important to them and when it comes to selling off or closing companies in the US, "there are no sacred cows". Wonder who he is speaking of?

That info is in the press conference, the analysts conference should be available for re-broadcast soon. I watched it live, but it does not take too long as the press link is already active.

Happy watching!

Last edited:
getting the boot from d.p.

someone is going to get te boot. don't know who, don't care to speculate, but someone is going to get the boot from d.p.
speculating will do all of us no good. in jan, after peak, they are going to do something.

someone is going to get te boot. don't know who, don't care to speculate, but someone is going to get the boot from d.p.
speculating will do all of us no good. in jan, after peak, they are going to do something.

I agree something BIG is in the works for JAN. Interesting they confused contract neg. between Germany and the US.

I don't know if it is da'boot, but something is going to go down and they already know what.

LOL, shootie, you're as giddy as a little school girl.

don't know how you see that? I am more concerned that the sale is going to come up again in Jan.

I don't think the boot is in order because they cant find lift anywhere else in time. So the sale of Astar or ABX to or from possibly Polar is crossing my mind.

I see this as a threat to both ABX and Astar. Not giddy, trust me.

DPWN 3Q is in, yet the purchase of Astar has been delayed (AGAIN) until December 31, 2007.

I know everyone was looking forward to seeing just how rich JD has become, and I'm sure it would help the Astar contract talks in regard to cash flow. But we have to wait a couple more months.

They have also downgraded the US market beyond 2009 for profits, but did not release a date they expect to get back in black. Could be as soon as 2010 or as far as 2020. Not good when you need to hold them to the wallet. The CC was scarry when EVERYTHING is up but the US market, and they miss words when talking about the US market. Get ready for the screws to be put to US operators!

I'd agree about the AAC statements. It's curious why they'd hold off reporting how much they spent on us.

I'd agree about the AAC statements. It's curious why they'd hold off reporting how much they spent on us.

This is it...I'm sick of FI kicking me offline.

Anyway, thats why I think a sale is coming. At the end of the CC you heard John Allan say he is not willing to reveal DPWN cash on hand as it may have an effect on future moves. What are those moves? Could it be a purchase and they dont want to show their wallet to the carnie?

I hope its just the 2 logistics companies here in the US to either sell one off or combine the two. Either way the US is in huge trouble and they are looking at a complete overhaul. Like Klaus said, the thinking of the past 20 years is to be thrown out and a new strategy is coming. They are in the best position they have ever been in here in the US and they keep losing air market share. Thats us guys. Ground is growing, Int is growing, aircraft arrival rates best in history but US domestic air is still in a decline and some changes are going to be made. Are those the changes in JAN when they "hope to able to report more" to the investors?

ABX and Astar need to hold on because the wind of change is coming and none of us know if it will take us down or not.

Sure would have been a good time to have a work force working together.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back